Vernon's Antique Toy Shop , Swift Current Newfoundland

He has cars on display from 1908 all the way up to an Shelby Super Snake. The place is 25 kilometers off the TCH on way to the St. Pierre Miquelon Ferry. No Junk in collection. All Numbers matching and a lot of Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance Winners. He (Vernor Smith) gets a Personal Invite to Pebble Beach every year by Jay Leno. Was in the Construction Business. After the Expenses are paid to maintain Building and Collection , all proceeds go to Charity.

Corvette club organized a cruise on Newfoundland last year and visited this place, they said this was one heck of a place to visit, just awesome.... meaning the island and this collection. Here's an idea for an upcoming cruise in the future ??

Yeah it seems like a nice spot to visit. Thanks for sharing Fred. A cruise on the rock would be awesome. Would need a week. Haha

Still have a way to go to reach level I am up to at Mustang Canada. Funny not much going on there since we all joined Maritime Mustang. Points 29,189 Level 99 As far as a Mustang Cruise to the Rock goes. Great Idea. A week for sure. Enter NL via Port au Basque , Visit West Coast and Gros Morne National Park. Head to East Coast and visit Vernon's Collection on way to St. John's. Return to Sydney via Argentia. Longer sail , around 14 hours , but sure beats having to drive the 10 or more hours from St. John's to Port aux Basque. Sailing at night is the best choice. You book a 2 bunk berth with private washroom / shower and get a good night's sleep. The current Fee for 2 passengers , a car and a 2 bunk berth sailing into Port aux Basque and out of Argentia is $965.38.

I would love to do it, but no way I could take a week off at that time of year or in summer.
Any less would be difficult to do.

Back