Thought of the day.

Many believe forums are dying,
and many our. Some are thriving and growing.
Considering our niche market, we are doing ok.

Convincing people to sign up is always a challenge.
equally important, impressing on members to post
is even more important.

Really simple, content will drive the life of this place.
as the old expression goes.
use it or lose it.

My Friend Terry (BullittMan) joined the Forum just prior to the last Fall Run, but hasn't posted on the Forum since. Terry and Pauline are coming for Supper next weekend and I will ask him why. While he's here I'll Log in and show him all the Fun he is missing :geek:

Yeah some people find forums daughting I guess. Once shown around they typically warm up. Some just read and eventually start participating.

I met a Gal while Christmas Shopping who knew a few of us. She has a Mach 1 Twin Cam Asure Blue. She has her own club on FB. If I remember correctly it is Outlaw Mustang Club. Didn't catch her name. Not sure if she is on Here MM. I am not on FB so I didn't find it.
Maybe they could be an associate member. More the merrier.

I've noticed a couple of PEI forum members haven't been that active or have posted since the switch to the new platform. Some mustang folks are getting together for supper next Sat, so will do some checking to see if there's any issues with logging in or posting.

Agree that thread topics can drive interest.

Some are more of FB fans perhaps find that platform more to their interests. I'm more active here and just a stalker on FB....mostly following Mustang groups than family!

Yes Bonnie and Sheldon, they were on our spring run. Actually Sheldon is getting a couple of Calendars.
They were on the spring run, very nice folks.

They had a falling out with NSMC and decided to start their own group. They do everything on Facebook.
I have welcomed them here, but they don't post, I believe one is a member though.
I will invite them again to come post.

It has been common for some to read and not post.
I am sure for many reasons people do and don't.

I try to impress on people ( without being pushy)
Posting is what keeps it alive. The more the better.
As many have seen, lots of topics and interests.

Of course anything Mustang is the priority.
Photos of Mustang, stories and we all love Mods :)

Yes please sign up, You don't have to live in the Canadian Maritime Provinces. All You have to be is a Genuine Mustang Enthusiast :)

True story, I'm in Ontario.

I think sometimes what stops the older, oops, I mean, "more experienced" enthusiasts from posting is the keyboard cowboys and drama that is present on some forums. I'm not a fan of any of that bs myself, I signed up for a couple of forums, one in big city Ontario and another well known US forum, and never posted , not even an intro post, because of the drama that goes on.

I don't find that here, its a good group and every one is very respectful, might help that the membership is more biased towards the "more experienced" enthusiast. lol

True story, I'm in Ontario.

I think sometimes what stops the older, oops, I mean, "more experienced" enthusiasts from posting is the keyboard cowboys and drama that is present on some forums. I'm not a fan of any of that bs myself, I signed up for a couple of forums, one in big city Ontario and another well known US forum, and never posted , not even an intro post, because of the drama that goes on.

I don't find that here, its a good group and every one is very respectful, might help that the membership is more biased towards the "more experienced" enthusiast. lol

the bigger area we cover the better. All for that.
Yes I agree. Way to many of those sites around. A less experienced member asks a question and instead of getting help they get blasted because they didn’t use the search function or google. First of all some do not understand how search functions work or how to use them. I like that we have no drama and a great bunch of guys with all sorts of knowledge. We have talked amongst the admins that a time will come that we probably will have some and it will be dealt with. No room for it here we have a great spot and want it to stay that way.

It might be called Maritimemustang, but we certainly welcome all Mustang enthusiasts,
from every corner of the earth. We haven't heard from AC Bill in awhile, hope hes doing well.
The passion is far and wide, its one of the things that make Mustangs special.

The fact people are polite and also have a good sense of humour is great.
Once in the group and known you might get picked on a little, but only because we like you :p
Seeing cars and people from many places is cool, also means we get some different stories and photos.

Those from away might even consider someday making a vacation and including a few days on one of our runs.
Fall colours in the Maritimes are incredible ( just saying )

The internet is funny that way, you see this a lot on facebook and other places.
I even notice the same thing on the phone. People are very different face to face.

thankfully we have a great bunch here, this sets the tone for new members.
Not everyone is going to be best buddy's but with the group we have
you will find someone at any of our events that you will click with and enjoy
hanging around.

Last edited:
Back