Pleasant Surprise

I recently received a complete copy of the Marti Report on my 83 4 Eyes and to say the least was pleasantly surprised with the report breakdown.
According to advertized records from Ford used to generate the report it seems that there was only 1 Convertible built with the Engine, Power Train, Interior & Exterior colour & trim package, GLX Option Package, TRX Wheels, Premium Sound system plus a Metric Speedometer/Odometer for I assume the Canadian market and it seems I have it
I always kind of knew it was possible that the car may have been 1 of a limited number produced for the Canadian Market maybe 1 of 15 or 20 but never even considered or even thought of the possibility for it to be a 1 of 1
Before I get too excited as if I won the lottery should I take the report information as something definitive & accurate or be a bit cautious about this

Last edited:
Ohtobbad;n30174 said:
Wow thats very cool, I know you can contact Ford and request some info.
They even have ability to get you original window sticker and documents
for a small fee. With a little research you could confirm this.
I suspect its likely true, I have not received a Marti report, but they have a great reputation.

I did some searching around the Ford historical database for confirmation details of the Marti Report.
I did find production records for the Model T along with 1930's Ford & Mercury products are available from Ford, but for records on post war 1940's to the present day vehicles there was a link to the Marti Autoworks website along with links to a number of Ford Auto Club sites.
Maybe sometime in the future the new Mustang Museum in Concord NC will become the source of all historical data on the Mustang, but for now Marti Autoworks looks to be the most reliable source of Mustang Production Information

Back