My Maintenance Wash Routine

Another addition to the detailing tool list.... on sale this week at CTC for $149 incidentally.

Dual action, variable speed.

simoniz-platinum-dual-action-polisher-6-in-fef827a3-af21-4bbd-9902-c5b2f439af82-jpgrendition.jpg

Got some tips and info from Pan + DIY channels, decided to pull the trigger on this entry level unit.

Did a chemical decontamination, clay bar , wipe down with homemade IPA surface prep and then the polish.

Pretty satisfied with the results, I was looking to polish out those minor spider web type scratches, used it with the Sonar All In One polish.

Direct sunlight is always the harshest critic, but for the most part, it worked as advertised, with some technique tips I used from the videos.

Still have yet to do the car......took most of the day for this one.

IMG_5311.jpeg

I
Another addition to the detailing tool list.... on sale this week at CTC for $149 incidentally.

View attachment 75178

Got some tips and info from Pan + DIY channels, decided to pull the trigger on this entry level unit.

Did a chemical decontamination, clay bar , wipe down with homemade IPA surface prep and then the polish.

Pretty satisfied with the results, I was looking to polish out those minor spider web type scratches, used it with the Sonar All In One polish.

Direct sunlight is always the harshest critic, but for the most part, it worked as advertised, with some technique tips I used from the videos.

View attachment 75179
I have the same polisher good quality for the price. The Simoniz pads not so much though . DIY detail is a great channel wish their products were available to ship to Canada. I get sloppy at times with the buffer so I normally tape off the black trim with painters tape, much easier than cleaning it afterwards.

Last edited:

View attachment 75178

View attachment 75179
Very nice I had bought a complete kit from chemical Guys a couple years ago with the 5inch buffer and cutting and polishing pads. I don’t use it on the Mustang due being wrapped but have used it on my the other vehicles and it sure make a difference and reading everyone’s post here with which products everyone is use I have to say I am very impressed with the Chemical Guy products

I

I have the same polisher good quality for the price. The Simoniz pads not so much though . DIY detail is a great channel wish their products were available to ship to Canada. I get sloppy at times with the buffer so I normally tape off the black trim with painters tape, much easier than cleaning it afterwards.
Get the DYI details products at either of these canadian distributors

carzilla.ca

tocsupplies.ca

You know what they say, go big or go home! Why are the gallons so much cheaper than the single bottles. My delivery driver is not going to be happy. Dream maker, Bead Maker, Brake Buster, Swift and some APC ( for good measure ). Kind of hard to justify $22 for a 500 ml spray bottle when you can buy a Gallon for $55. But on the plus side if anyone wants some..........

You know what they say, go big or go home! Why are the gallons so much cheaper than the single bottles. My delivery driver is not going to be happy. Dream maker, Bead Maker, Brake Buster, Swift and some APC ( for good measure ). Kind of hard to justify $22 for a 500 ml spray bottle when you can buy a Gallon for $55. But on the plus side if anyone wants some..........
You might as well start up a detailing business, I'll head right over once your set up😁

Cummins X15 , 500HP/1850TQ, when I ordered this one I went with the Eaton Endurant 12 speed autoshift. After 30 years ,I figured I was doen shifting lol
Nice the last time i have driven one of this was back in 2014 was my fathers truck bought New in 2008 was is 3 third new truck .**logging truck** Coronado with 18 speed 625 caterpilar with 2050 torque was powerfull and very fun to drive. Was is last he changed trade.and now i guess the way to go is automatic.glad for you have a very nice truck.always like to see nice shiny trucks.

Back