maybe maybe not

Can't beat the horsepower for the price, I think the '18's and up benefitted a lot from the GT350 parts chest.

Tough to enjoy the money or the car if you're dead....lol.....

I had the same debate with dropping the coin for the GT350, three years on I have no regrets, and 500+ hours (and counting) of unforgettable seat time.

I too am on the side of Maybe (do it) more than Maybe not !! Go for it Kevin, nice looking ride........

Think salesman needs to be sent on Mustang training though, '18 come with 460 hp and 420 lbs torque which is just awesome !! Actually when you think about it this is only 40 hp short of the first GT500's and this without a supercharger, thumbs up to Ford on this one.

Roger beat me to the facts.
Third Gen. Coyote, starting in 2018, is 460 hp and 420 tq.
Combination of direct and port fuel injection.
Fact is that it is approx: 80% new technology and engineering over Gen. two.
So much so that Ford engineers wanted to call it "All new" when it came out.
Legal department vetoed that idea citing it did not quite meet that threshold.
Would have required closer to 90% new.

Interesting bit is that the displacement of the Gen three is larger than previous two generations.
It went from 4.951 liters to 5.035 liters.
This was achieved by deleting the steel cylinder sleeves and replacing with wire arc plasma transfer technology.
It's a thinner but more robust cylinder coating. The same technology that allowed the 5.4 to become a 5.8 in the 2013 -14 GT500's.

Cylinder bore went up from 92.2 mm to 93 mm.
Compression ratio is up from 11:1 to 12:1.
A technologically advanced engine.

It has a quirk. It has an inherent small tick, tick, tick sound at idle that some people mistake for valve train issues.
It's caused by the port injection and is normal.
Ford salesmen get briefed on it during F150 training to make sure they advise customers at time of sale to avoid comebacks.

67 AGAIN;n32765 said:
It has a quirk. It has an inherent small tick, tick, tick sound at idle that some people mistake for valve train issues.
It's caused by the port injection and is normal.
Ford salesmen get briefed on it during F150 training to make sure they advise customers at time of sale to avoid comebacks.

Thats interesting, I wonder if the 5.2L has the same quirk, there's times I catch myself listening at idle and wondering.

Back