Gt500

Lots of rumours and sneak peak releases,
but Monday is the day, the GT500 is released at the
Detroit auto show, hope I can catch it live.
Anyone else interested in this car?
Wish I could afford it :)

Ohtobbad;n27759 said:

Anyone interested ! I'd say most everyone on here is. But like you said, "wish I could afford it" . Lol. That's the only hold back for me at least ..can't wait till the reveal to hear all the true specs

Ohtobbad;n27759 said:

You may be able to swing it Trevor if you could figure out a way to work 24/7. :FordSmile

All I can think of is WOW !! In one of the comments below in the article one guy says it should come out with approximately 740 hp pushing for 750. And it comes in Silver.............Mmmmmmmmm ????? thinking ????? Sell the house, get 3-4 side jobs ????..... Work till I'm 85 yrs old ????? thinking ?????? Gee them lotto numbers are hard to get !!!!

I like the design, not happy they at this point don't offer with Manual Transmission.
I thought they would use DCT 10, instead going with DCT 7 speed transmission, best
I can tell is because of torque. Still no real numbers which after waiting this long, we should have got.
Most of all and scared to ask, what's the asking price of this beast.

Like you Roger I am not sure knowing would matter, I am already working to 85,
not sure 95 is an option lol. I have hard time with lotto numbers also,
I need house as that's where my garage is, but could look at option
of garage with loft, Not sure wife would go for that :)

Looking at it a bit closer there is a lot to like here but some things I am not sure on. No manual is one thing that I believe they should offer but now a rotary knob for the auto is another thing......not a fan of that at all !! and that rear spoiler is going to take some getting use to in my book. So being a huge fan of the 350 and 350R I think it would still be the ones that I would opt for if I had the bucks ?? Love them cars !!

Also Coming this June is the Ford vs Ferrari film which if done right will be pretty cool. This Biopic of Carroll Shelby's battle to win the Le Mans from Ferrari and the birth of the Cobra will sure to please a lot of us gear heads. I don't think I've seen a Matt Damon movie that I didn't like and him playing Carroll should be yet another winner .

​​​​​​
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1950186/

Fun GT;n27793 said:
Looking at it a bit closer there is a lot to like here but some things I am not sure on. No manual is one thing that I believe they should offer but now a rotary knob for the auto is another thing......not a fan of that at all !! and that rear spoiler is going to take some getting use to in my book. So being a huge fan of the 350 and 350R I think it would still be the ones that I would opt for if I had the bucks ?? Love them cars !!

The 350 is manual only and I get some would prefer auto.
to me Choice is what I want, I can still drive a stick and
until my body says I can't its my preference. I agree if its going to
be an auto, its not an SUV give me a stick and instead of a knob.
I actually like the wing and I guess the carbon package has an adjustable gurney flat.
thats cool. I suspect the price will cool a lot of our jets, some of the other goodies they
offer are going to be pricey, Carbon wheel package is an option and you can bet not a cheap one.
I suspect the low end version will be under 100K and over for the full meal deal.
So full load out the door is going to be in 110 plus range once you add our beautiful 15% for being
Canadian :)

Yep it is sharp looking that's for sure. Actually it looks pretty sharp in all colors I would say ............ lol
I watch a lot of car shows and read some stuff as well and the Shelby is very rarely talked about for some reason or another. Porche and Vette seem to attract a lot of the Journalists but in my opinion they should take second look at Shelby as it is one heck of ride too and cost wise very interesting !!

Fun GT;n27813 said:
Yep it is sharp looking that's for sure. Actually it looks pretty sharp in all colors I would say ............ lol
I watch a lot of car shows and read some stuff as well and the Shelby is very rarely talked about for some reason or another. Porche and Vette seem to attract a lot of the Journalists but in my opinion they should take second look at Shelby as it is one heck of ride too and cost wise very interesting !!

the GT350 was the same until it showed up at laguna Seca raceway and kicked everythings ass that
was 250k or less for around 67k usd then folks stood up noticed.
I suspect the GT500 will be the same, until it's in the wild and we see how it compares
Also its not considered high end because its American Muscle so us poor folks
( ya not so poor if you can buy one) goes out and kicks 250k super cars but and laugh as we wave good by :)

dsc00310_2.jpg

Craig Jackson bought the first one last night for 1.1 million $$$ on Barrett Jackson. Money went to charity which is very cool !!

This car must have made a bang when it came out as even staff at work are all asking me if a new Mustang just came out ?? even the secretaries were asking me so it must have been big news ?? I have it now on my screen saver and all have quite the comments !! Sorry Phil, had yours on for awhile (really liked that last pic of yours in middle of the street) but this latest GT500 is now getting the attention I guess. ;)

Back