Fuel tank pressure switch

Festus

Does anyone know if I have to pull gas tank off 2014 Mustang to get at the fuel tank pressure switch or is there a hatch somewhere. Dealer says mine is full of undercoat and is causing engine lite to keep coming on.

Festus;n29453 said:
Does anyone know if I have to pull gas tank off 2014 Mustang to get at the fuel tank pressure switch or is there a hatch somewhere. Dealer says mine is full of undercoat and is causing engine lite to keep coming on.

I have heard undercoating can do that, I believe this can be done with out removing the tank.
check out tube, like someone has done it and videoed it :)

I think it is in the line heading to the evap can on the bottom / front of the trunk. I doubt the undercoating could get up over the top of the tank- check on the trunk side ( rear) of the axle housing cavity - up high

Had back of Mustang up on couple ramps today but did not see anything that looked like it could be problem with my light. Could not get my fat ass under up by gas tanks to have good look at them. I will get it up on lift and have another peek when I take it for oil change. Car is not made to work under at home. I could lift it with my forklift I guess.

Internet says this is common after undercoat. I’m guessing a vent port on the sensor gets blocked. Looks like Sensor is part of this line assembly. On my 2005 The 2 connections plug into the evap filter/ can under the trunk, long line runs across the car above the axle housing and makes a connection to the fuel lines . Sensor is in the middle of the long line on my car

How do I know where to find it on a 2005? A clip was misplaced ( forgotten by me) during my Watts link install and the hose got damaged. So I had to just fix the hose, not replace.

That what I was looking for Gerry it must be further ahead of the rearend. I have to get car up higher to have better look.

Back