2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

Let's just say that I have bigger projects in mind right now that will need a lot of my money on the long term, so the mods will kind of slow down for a little while, BUT, nothing that is maintenance/improvement will be overlooked :)
Although I do really love your proposition Trevor, it sounds pretty pricey to me hahaa. I'd really love to get the 6speed off of GT500's, but they are still going for a high high price. It's one thing that i miss from the focus, the extra highway gear, but the 5th gear is sooooo long in the TR3650 that really, the same gearing is achieved. As for the SC, that as well is something that i would really like, but I also know what budget would mean hahaha.

Kind of ''happy'' ( :rolleyes: ) with my cams currently, love the rumble and the thumping :)

I’m having some of the same consideration on gears this time when I pull the cover at 225,000k . One I see what the clutches and spyder/ axle gears look like I can decide on the 3:73 possibility. It will only change cruising rpm by about 150 rpm but will make the lowers gears more lively

I have experience with gears and drone issue.
Trevor is right on all counts.
Drone is engine harmonics amplified by bad or cheap mufflers.
Not related to gears except that different gears change the speed at which drone is present. Because they change the rpm for a given speed.
If you are pulling the diff cover, that is absolutely the best time to do gears.
You will have to replace the fluids. You will cover half the labor already by having it open. It’a a no brainer.
3.73 is a mild improvement over 3.55 but improvement nonetheless.
Noticeable and 100% worth it.
Especially with cams.
You think your setup is good only because you have not experienced the alternative.
4.6 notoriously low on torque and cams amplify that.
You will love your car all over with gear upgrade.
You are right Max, drone is in the range of 1900-2000 rpm.
3.73 will help you get out of that range.
Alternative is quality mufflers. Borla, Ford Racing come to mind.
But the best is to drive at rpm over 2000.
Car works better and no drone. Like magic
Keep the mill on the boil. 3.73’s facilitate that.
I’m running 3.90’s. Not much drone.
Will try 4.10’s one of these years.
Had 3.73’s before the 3.90.
Don’t regret the move up one bit.

Well, she is finally back on the road since last Friday. Quite fitting since it was national mustang day haha!! God did i miss driving it! Did an inaugural run to Blue Roof Distillerie to pickup hand sanitizer for work, then did another little drive Friday night resulting in these pictures. I really need to play more with my camera this summer!

18781F4E-15AD-403C-9B4F-DA1F32B7D428.jpeg928E0E16-BC5D-4924-B7E3-872C7796D078.jpegB72F57E6-7075-45A3-A991-41E5B9210A15.jpegB8D2C5B3-7B07-41FD-A990-A1FF67C8161F.jpeg

looks good Max, you should look at the lower centre grill.
I bought one for my 08 and its snap in was like $40-50 bucks
and matches existing grill.
I think I got it at American Muscle. you will love look and cheap mod. :)

yesss i heard about that grill before. Glenn have it on his car doesn’t he? 40-50 then must be $200 now with the exchange rate lol ?

Last edited:
Got the car out for a week, had to do something to it hahah. Probably one of the only things i'm going to install this year anyway. Still need to install the watts link bought from Bill LOL.
I personally prefer these ''clear vector'' tail lights (mimicking the euro S550 tails) over any style of tail lights for these year at the moment. They were initially only available through American Muscle's Raxiom home brand, but they've discontinued them a little over a year ago now without any explanation. A couple of months back, here I go scouring the internet and VOILA! they are now being sold again! yes, my chance!! They are now being fabricated by Spyder Automotive lighting. I love them, love the look it gives. You have the choice to order them either smoked, red or clear. These are the clear version. Below pictures are from ''daytime driving mode (lights off)'' and ''lights on'' mode. They works sequential for the turn signals like the newer cars are (built in harness).

Back