2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

Sooo last week, i though “ahh! Let’s try a quick waterless wash on the hood”, to see how the car paint behave in cold weather and a couple minutes overcast. This was to see if i should still carry waterless wash with me this summer as emergency wash on cruises (as i cannot approach the black paint with ANYTHING once the sun hit it, no matter what is the product. )
Long story short, i would have used sand paper and did less damage. I don’t know the paint story of that hood, but i can tell you it is EXTREMELY soft. I mean, I’ve waterless washed often in the past. I washed it with a clean, high quality microfiber, and yes, the panel was extremely lubricated (used more products as usual due to sun peaking through the clouds and on the paint so it didn’t dry up on me). Could bare the look of the hood anymore so i took my diner time today (overcast weather) and gone over it with the buffer. Here are the final results and tools used ??

- griot’s garage 6” polisher (5” pad)
- meguiars 5” microfiber cutting disc
- meguiars D300 MF cutting compound
- Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating (this product gets high reviews and is said to last between 4-6 months, testing, we’ll see! It’s the new top of the line turtle wax lineup)

now tho. I think i need to do the rest of the car ? ?

2785D5D8-759B-41AF-9742-02FF733B2492.jpeg6DAA2729-B2DD-44D8-91E2-3C80C2B42B8D.jpeg4A163C38-9606-42FB-B681-9AFF812D5A0E.jpeg0F329158-AD54-4E65-8E26-39AD95326E0A.jpeg

Got the car out for a week, had to do something to it hahah. Probably one of the only things i'm going to install this year anyway. Still need to install the watts link bought from Bill LOL.
I personally prefer these ''clear vector'' tail lights (mimicking the euro S550 tails) over any style of tail lights for these year at the moment. They were initially only available through American Muscle's Raxiom home brand, but they've discontinued them a little over a year ago now without any explanation. A couple of months back, here I go scouring the internet and VOILA! they are now being sold again! yes, my chance!! They are now being fabricated by Spyder Automotive lighting. I love them, love the look it gives. You have the choice to order them either smoked, red or clear. These are the clear version. Below pictures are from ''daytime driving mode (lights off)'' and ''lights on'' mode. They works sequential for the turn signals like the newer cars are (built in harness).

Look really good Max!!

Two updates in one.

First the hood paint correction. Looks as great as in the above picture in the shade, but I believe this Meguiars compound have left some buffer trails behind that will only be seen when the sun will finally be with us (got a glimpse for a 5 minutes period one day.).
I do not like this product exactly for that. Last week i had to do the trunk as well as it was the worst spot for swirls/scratches after the hood and though i had seen the same buffer trails on the trunk when i was done with it with the above D300 MF cutting compound. Might have a ''no swirls guaranteed'' on the bottle, but I don't really like the buffer trails either. So on the trunk, I've done a second pass with a product/pad combination I have a lot of experience on black paint with: Orange Foam Cutting Pad + Chemical Guys V36 Cutting Polish. I haven't yet been able to get the sun to shine back on it again, but the buffer marks visible after the Meguiars/microfiber cutting pad steps seems to be gone. TO BE UPDATED at next clean car/sunny day.

Last night, did the spring oil change. I believe the oil I had in her had just around 8,000 kms on it when I got it out last night. I was as dark as the paint of the car! Will run this oil change for 6000kms this time and see what kind of difference it does on the next change. For reference, running 5W30 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum+Motorcraft OE filter (FL820S). 2X 2X6 mandatory to get the jack up to the front middle jack point. That low life! ?

IMG_1642[1].JPG

I bought a small scissor jack - welded a flat plate on the top and a 1/2 socket in place of the crank. I place the scissor jack - use the 1/4 impact to raise one side of the car enough for the floor jack and I’m up and away. Once the first side is up the jack fits fine on the other side. I do need to use the 2x6 as a spacer under the wheel on the way down , then roll off .

Back