festus treasures

These are some small engines range in age from 1947-52. used on washing machines,cream seperators,power 110 generator for lights in house or 6 volt battery chargers. Other pictures are1950 Eureka Canadian Clipper reel mower made in Woodstock. 100_1170.JPG100_1171.JPG100_1172.JPG

Last edited:
Ohtobbad;n26961 said:
Some wild things back in the day, washer engine is almost funny
back then state of the art no doubt.

why would u need it to be a two cylinder ? Must have needed power to wash they heavy drawers and long john's !!!!

This is my marine engine there is no serial number tag on it. I think it may be an Imperial . I can tell it is one off the first marine because the sparkplug is on top. A lot of company's moved plug to side. When they would hit wave in rough seas and the plug would get soaked. In one of the pictures u can see the prime cup by the sparkplug. U fill it with fuel then turn the little handle and it would dump into cylinder making engine easy to start. In the other pic u can see a handle above flywheel that is the reverse lever.They would cut the power and put foot against flywheel to slow it down to almost stop,pull the reverse lever power back on and engine would start backwards and run in reverse.These fellows were way ahead of there time. 100_1178.JPGOn first pic u can see the two water in pipes this engine was water cooled.100_1179.JPG

Last edited:
Here is 100_1193.JPG100_1194.JPG more of my treasures the green engine is 1920 Mc Cormich Deereing model M Kerosene igniter. It runs on gas,kerosene and water.It has 3 knobs , one for gas ,one for kerosene & one for water. U would pour gas into chamber on top of mixer,start on gas when gas was nere run out engine would be warm so u shut gas off, open kerosene knob and when u put it to work hard open water knob till it knocked turn back just till stopped knocking then engine had more power. The mag on this engine produces just around 10.000 volts.

Back