Car Show in Shediac today.

Too bad! 😞

Should have a Ford engine. 🤙
Saw a 29 Ford at Show

Had a 350 Chevy Engine

90 % of the 32 to 34 Fords I see also have Small Block Chevy Engines

They are less expensive to buy and modify

The owner of the 56 Ford Restored Truck himself and got Engine he could afford

He did Disc Brakes in the Front and Relocated Gas Tank from behind the seat in Cab to the rear of truck with filler cap in bed

Saw a 29 Ford at Show

Had a 350 Chevy Engine

90 % of the 32 to 34 Fords I see also have Small Block Chevy Engines

They are less expensive to buy and modify

The owner of the 56 Ford Restored Truck himself and got Engine he could afford

He did Disc Brakes in the Front and Relocated Gas Tank from behind the seat in Cab to the rear of truck with filler cap in bed
not totally true, can buy a 289 or 302 for same kind of money.
350's are easier to make fit. I guess each to there own.

IMO its a big NO NO, I would not buy and old ford with any other engine it,
unless giving away and I would change the engine.
I beleive it hugly devalue's the car / truck so for owner its all about what they want
but when or if time to sell,, most won't pay for that no matter how nice is,
little work installing is what it takes, not more money

Old Chevy Engines are more plentiful in Scrap Yards and therefore less money

The Majority of the Builders of these Old Hot Rods aren’t buying Crate Engines that Cost upwards of 5,10 Grand.
not totally true, can buy a 289 or 302 for same kind of money.
350's are easier to make fit. I guess each to there own.

IMO its a big NO NO, I would not buy and old ford with any other engine it,
unless giving away and I would change the engine.
I beleive it hugly devalue's the car / truck so for owner its all about what they want
but when or if time to sell,, most won't pay for that no matter how nice is,
little work installing is what it takes, not

Boys you are talkin in my wheelhouse tonite! 🤣🤣🤣

My 30 Model A has a 302, had a 260 and originally a 2.3L, all Ford. My car is the exception. Most run chev engines for a few reasons. Number one they are just cheaper to get and rebuild, next parts are easier to find including conversion kits, after that 350's have a few naturally added cubic inches so out of the box they usually have more HP.

It is not as bad today as it once was but even 20 years ago if you were going Ford in Ford people thought you were crazy. Everything needed to be fabricated yourself. Chev is the easy way out. Similar to the LS swap today. Coyote or Ecoboost swaps are more difficult and expensive builds.

In relation to value, many would view using a Ford engine is a detriment which reduces potential value. To me the cool and fu factors outweighs any negative preception.

My engine and transmission are from a junkyard 83, LTD. I had it rebuild by a engine machine shop 20 years ago and people still say its a great sounding engine. I n general the 302 has proven itself a very reliable engine to many over the years.

I would not have it any other way. Although i did consider the Yamaha V6 from the Taurus SHO for a time. That still Counts as Ford in Ford right?

Back