Best walkie talkie

Festus

Thinking of buying new walkie talkie. Looked at Cobra, undien & Motorola reviews all are less than impressive to say the least. What brands and models are my mustang buddy's talking on. The cobra I used on last run worked well but is pretty old. so I thought I would upgrade.

I had a couple different ones and your right they are so so.
Buy best one you can get a deal on, because what ever it says it can do
its at least half of that or less LOL. but They are quite handy.

Reminds me I am missing one from fall run.

Festus;n27150 said:
Thinking of buying new walkie talkie. The cobra I used on last run worked well but is pretty old. so I thought I would upgrade.

I find older is often a better quality product, although it may not come with all the bells and whistles the new stuff has to offer.
I suppose it depends what you are using it for, and the terrain your going to be in.
Hand-held VHF's are one of the best, but they can also be much more expensive. There are some really hardy VHF ones available, fully weatherproof, and shockproof. Their range is usually excellent, but terrain.plays a factor.
I have an older hand-held CB radio, which under certain conditions, will allow extremely long distance conversations. Trouble is it is heavy, and bulky, and has an antenna that is five feet long when extended..:rolleyes:

I have a pair of older Cobra's (10+ years) that have always worked great for hunting.. Their range is not as advertised, but we really only use them in fairly close vicinity to one another, Less then 5 kilometers would be the norm. They worked great, for when my partner wandered into a cut block, that had a resident grizzly. not wanting to share residency... He called me, asking for an immediate extraction. Heading over to him as fast as possible in the 4x4, and trying to keep him calm, I asked if he could get closer to the bear, to take a good picture.. He lit up the air-waves with some interesting words that could be clearly heard for several miles...:D

Back