3rd Annual Maritime Mustang Spring Run Saturday May 9th 2020

Used to meet there regularly on maritime files....a central location for sure. Would need to check on whether they offer catering only or have a restaurant with a menu.
Meeting rooms might give an option to mingling in the elements, if the weather is just fair but will require some $$ to get the space. A suggestion worth exploring!

Used to meet there regularly on maritime files....a central location for sure. Would need to check on whether they offer catering only or have a restaurant with a menu.
Meeting rooms might give an option to mingling in the elements, if the weather is just fair but will require some $$ to get the space. A suggestion worth exploring!
I stayed there for kids hockey à few times. All they had was continental breakfast. No restaurant. They had meeting rooms we used and brought pizza inn for the group. I don't see any listing of a restaurant in listing. But that may have changed since they re opened. I already sent them a message for info. At least it might be another option.

on website of your click on restaurant it goes nowhere.
Charlie will check it and see if its an option.

parking is a plus, buts its also on highway and not in town.
us running through town leaves a positive impression.
Hanging out at tims, ( if weather is good) is another bonus

plus and minus to everything.
Small towns always offer pluses but add challenges.

Too bad Duncan’s Pub is too small, great spot downtown. As far as leaving a positive impression, we certainly left an Impression when we all left Brudenel (Not sure on spelling)on PEI run last fall. One of my co-workers at the time was golfing there at the time and a few of his golf partners weren’t exactly impressed by the sound of 30 plus Mustangs leaving together. ?

Ok so I got some info from the Wandlyn Inn. Here is how it works. You need to rent a room for either up to 35 People ($135.00) or up tp 180 People ($175.00). Then we need to give them a number of people and pick from 4 different catered meals beginning at $15.00 and up to $28.00 per person plus tax and tip. Like any catered event we would need to give them a rough number and then if less show up we are on the hook for unsold and if more show up we mat not be able to feed everyone.

Talked it over with Trevor and he confirmed what I already was thinking, way too much of a risk to take for a weather driven event. Plus the pricing was not the greatest as the $15.00 was soup and sandwiches. We do not want to be on the hook for extra food that's for sure.

I appreciate the suggestion

Once Reservations are done maybe we could touch base with them again a few days before event to confirm they will have sufficient staff on hand to ensure timely service for everyone

Yeah I agree. They do not have an issue serving but we are on the hook for everything unfortunately.
We are always in contact with whatever location we chose even the day of to make sure all is in order. This being said it is the restaurant business and stuff can happen even if we are the most organized that we can be. It sucks but it is reality.
We will figure it out.

The system they had at our lunch location in Souris on the Fall Run worked well, limited menu, excellent food and fast service for all except one unfortunately. But having said that, last year on may Run, in our section out back, service was excellent, but non existent at the Table closest to the Kitchen.

The system they had at our lunch location in Souris on the Fall Run worked well, limited menu, excellent food and fast service for all except one unfortunately. But having said that, last year on may Run, in our section out back, service was excellent, but non existent at the Table closest to the Kitchen.
Yeah I agree food was good once we got it. Lol. Couldn’t of happened to a better table. We are always going to have small issues with big groups. It is what it is.

In reality, the food on spring run was decent, service was ok, only 4 people at our table were delayed
just screw ups, happens, considering we had 95 people not that bad and when the food came
it was good. They had a menu and were willing to expand for people wth diet issues.

Most people believe that restaurants want us, some do, some don't
fall run suppers are the biggest challenge. another story.

Reality is in small towns we are limited, considering people can back out, passenger doesn't come
or someone tags along last minute its a challenge. Small restaurants typically don't want to piss off locals,
as they come many times a year, even with a large group not there every week or so.
Anyone overly concerned with lunch, would be best to plan a picnic style setup and bring with.
When we travel, we always have a few things in car, snacks, water etc. one never knows.

Problem is always going to exist and sometimes food will be great, sometimes not so much.
Reality is, none of us will starve to death and we will make it to supper :)

Here is the biggest reality of all, regardless of planning, we can't control all aspects of what we do,
roads, restaurants, weather, breakdowns, etc, etc, etc.
People need to come with the cars, people and run as the focus and food, hotels and other
things that come up as life, it happens.

Back