2020 World Jr's

Not a good 2nd period. Think a nap is the best thing at this point. Russia's first game loss the only saving grace. Hope Lafreniere only bruised his pride and will be back flying fornthe next one.

Canada looked brutal in the worst loss in 43 years.
They looked slow, small and unskilled.
I was hoping in the 3rd they would have at least played with some Canadian pride :(

We have not medalled in 11 years in Europe, this game does not ease the fears of this being changed.
The leaders led in bad penalties and lack of heart. I hope this is a wake up call.

Interesting side note, every team in this division has now won a game, that has never happened before.

Is Canada getting to the point where never mind Gold is expected, we should at least look like we belong here?

to top off yesterdays embarrassment the Captain of Team Canada
did not remove his helmet during National anthem for Russia.
Very classless move.

The leaders of this team have done anything but Lead.
Time for coaches to take these players aside and have a chat.

to top off yesterdays embarrassment the Captain of Team Canada
did not remove his helmet during National anthem for Russia.
Very classless move.

The leaders of this team have done anything but Lead.
Time for coaches to take these players aside and have a chat.
Incredible pressure to perform on the national stage. Seems we still hold onto the notion that the gold medal is ours to lose. Over the past decade, Canada had been in a war to even medal. Always high expectations on these budding stars. Glad I'm not a parent watching this! Stressful enough as a loyal fan!

Incredible pressure to perform on the national stage. Seems we still hold onto the notion that the gold medal is ours to lose. Over the past decade, Canada had been in a war to even medal. Always high expectations on these budding stars. Glad I'm not a parent watching this! Stressful enough as a loyal fan!
Your correct, expectations are very high.
teams have become closer and closer over the years.
Very difficult to medal.

As much as I want to win gold, I think I want to see
things we know are very Canadian.
Work hard, class and a never say die attitude.
If you do these things we may not win but you can
hold your head high.

US looked strong against Russia this pm. First in Pool B. Canada needs to put yesterday's demons aside and play a strong game against Germany and another against CZE to get to at least quarter finals. 2 big games on tomorrow! Too bad it's a work day!
Yeah I agree. Russia tried hard to come back but in the end lost. Canada does need a strong showing moving forward. Anybody heard anything on Lafreniere??

Back