2006 With a Rusty Floor

2006GT

Hey folks,

I thought I'd join up to see if anyone knows if there are any good 05 to 14 parts cars in or near Halifax.

I have an 06 with a rusted out drivers side floor, front to back. I know that I can buy a new floor online. But, I'm not interested in paying over 1k for the part with shipping.

I've been casually looking for a year now. I've seen 3 potential candidates at Kenny's. Someone beat me to the floor on the first one, the second one was rustier than mine, and the third one was burn to a crisp.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've attached a picture of my car from when it was last on the road. It looks great in the shade from about 20 ft away. That's the way I like it.

Mostly stock engine other than an under drive pulley. I put a new clutch in at 215k (I daily drove it). It also needs a timing set. I plan to do that when I sort out the floor issue.

Ford Racing shock, struts, sway bars, strut brace. GT 500 lower control arm and strut mounts. And an adjustable panhard bar.

Cosmetically, I deleted the rear spoiler, added a front chin spoiler and I picked up a set of track pack rims. Shout out to Velocity Machining in Burnside they are really great at fixing up messed up rims.
IMG_20200710_162543081_095118~2.jpgIMG_20140810_192123041_HDR_125829.jpgPXL_20230812_143303243.jpg

Welcome to Maritimemustang,
I sold a 2014 body / vert last year.
that year should be no problem, go to a larger auto salvage, they can look in thier systems
across Canada and it does not cost much to ship here if inside Canada.

Welcome to the forum.
Nice car.
The PP wheels look great on there.

As mentioned above, the floor on your car is the same from 2005 to 2014.
So expanding your search by several model years may help you find one quicker.
Good luck with the search.

I found you a donor car.

It is the one I was thinking about.
A 2005 GT. Never winter driven.
It is red in colour. Red Fire.
Well cared for until it had a mishap in the rain in October 2010 and damaged the front end.
The floor should like new.

It is at DR Autoworks in Grand Falls NB.
A collision center, auto recycler, used car dealer, complete with towing service.

Phone: 506-473-5588.

When you dial, chose option 4 for cars sales.
Ask for Derek, the owner.
He will know which car you are enquiring about.

Maybe they can help get it to you next time they get called for a job down south.

Good luck.

Back