Your Ultimate road trip(s) - Where would they be?

05 gt 5spd

On the road again
So all of a sudden you have a month of time and $10,000.00 for a road trip- so I'm dreaming - What's wrong with that ?
Where would the road trip take you and your Mustang?

Do you have a favorite location to revisit ?
Let's hear where you would go. You can break up the time and make several smaller trips if you want or one big one
If you need more money you choose how much and tell us

I have driven some of this road - Great old road with lots of history . Plan for lots of time to stop and visit some of the small towns

Great topic, Wow so many places.
California coast highway would be on that list.
Florida keys, might have to be two different trips.
Route 66, tail of the dragon. Rockies.
hmmm more time to plan is needed :)
or more money and time LOL.

yes that was great road trip, even the story was fun to follow.
But everything can be topped :)

Yes I agree, likely for most of us is the time, even more than the money.
Getting a few days is a challenge. how about 1,2 or three weeks?

almost anything coastal or through the mountains for me.. so many to choose but the Rockies and Florida Key's would be tops.. tail of the Dragon has been on the bucket list too. some other great ones were also mentioned that i would not say no to.. hope some more posts come in with some different ones i don't know of to peak my interest.

Capture.PNG

I did this about 15 years ago.

Something you can do in about 4-5 days is.
Drive to bathurst, then to Mont Jolie.
Drive along St Lawrence river to Quebec city.
Then drive into Vermont, through the white mountains
into New hampshire. Then return along the coast of Maine.
Beautiful drive, relatively affordable, beautiful views.
Can do this in 4-5 days depending on how much sight seeing and
shopping you wish to do.

Eastern seaboard of US down to Charlotte, swing west to Tail of the dragon (again), Kentucky , West Virginia, Penn state on the way back to NS . There is a Mustang Museum opening in Charlotte in April of 2018.

OPEN TRACK AT CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY APRIL 13, 2018
For all you Open Track drivers you will have the have opportunity to drive on the new road course at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday, April 13th. This event is hosted by the Carolina Regional Mustang Club Performance Driving Team, the same team that handled the Open Track responsibilities at the Mustang 50th. Nationwide Garages are also available to rent for the day.

NATIONAL MUSTANG DAY FESTIVITIES TUESDAY - APRIL 17, 2018
The morning of the April 17th the Museum will be reserved for the Mustang media-print and internet outlets. At 1PM, the Museum will reopen for anyone that registered for this days festivities. We will then cruise to Kannapolis, NC at 4PM for an evening of music and fun. Food trucks will also be on hand. As thousands of other Mustang enthusiasts are doing on this day-we are cruising and partying with our Mustangs.

OFFICIAL GRAND OPENING APRIL 19-22, 2018
The official Grand Opening Ceremony will begin at 9AM on Thursday, April 19th, 2018. We will announce the special guests attending the Grand Opening as they are confirmed.

Back