Wheel advice

SilverGT

Dave and Bev Smith
Looking to replace stock 17 inch wheels.Should I stay with 17 inch or go larger such as 18's.I am looking for a comfortable ride as well as handling.photo1036.jpg

I like the 18s myself. Much more of a selection out there when you go to the bigger size. Of course with it comes more expense. Mine came with 18x9 all around and had 255/35/18 front and 265/35/18 rear. Now I have 18x9 front and 18x10 rear. 265/35/18 front and 295/35/18 rear. The ride on the original setup was probably better but the look of the wider tires that are on it now are worth it.

I would definitely go 18". Look way better on our body style. Looking to upgrade my 17" as well but the ones I like are way too expensive.....

No Title

I don't want all black or all chrome wheels.Thinking of black centers with chrome or machined outer rings.Something like picture.

Attachments

• photo1037.JPG
    photo1037.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
Those look real sharp !!..............but keep in mind that when the time comes to wash them it will be hard to get your hands in there so a five or six spoke type would probably be easier to maintain. But they are definitely nice looking !!!!!!!!

No Title

What about something like this Dave?

Attachments

• photo1038.JPG
    photo1038.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
That is a nice wheel, what make is it. I like the dish effect. How much handling do you want from a tire is the question. Comfort and grip don't always come in one tire.

No Title

I like those ones that Charlie posted. I'm also partial to the Saleen wheels lol. Black chrome is cool and so are the all black. Normally not a fan of total black on some cars but think they look sweet on the yellow. Couple examples below :)

Attachments

• photo1040.JPG
    photo1040.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo1041.JPG
    photo1041.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 1
No Title

Here's what I am looking at but can't decide between 17 or 18 inch.It's the one on the left.

Attachments

• photo1042.jpg
    photo1042.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
No Title

So I guess everyone likes 18's but black saleen style not the chrome oems.

Attachments

• photo1062.jpg
    photo1062.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 0
No Title

I will have to do some deep thinking but here is what I may be leaning toward.

Attachments

• photo1063.png
    photo1063.png
    396.6 KB · Views: 0
received_10155086101511002.jpeg Black bullets! Those are the EXACT wheels I have on my car, and i'm probably going to be selling them. Come and see me before you do anything!!

yeah Dave that again would look really good on your car and keep it looking original as well. Since bullets are found on many Mustangs. My 5 cents. Lol

Back