Vorshlag S197 and S550 brakes Tech Vlogs

S197CS

Corner Carver
I thought i'd share some videos that I found to be really interesting from the folks at Vorshlag regarding the brake systems of S197 (2005-2014) and S550 (2015-present) mustang. they go through the different OE equipment options and their strengths and weaknesses. These guys are famous for their S197 AutoX and Road track development race car and currently have a brand new 2018 GT as test bed for their parts for the S550 chassis.

**keep in mind these folks are race oriented first, but the information is really interesting for someone building a potent DD/autoX/road race car of their own OR that just want to max out the braking power of their mustang.

ENJOY the tech tips ;)

and then SOME MORE information for you S550 guys, regarding master cylinder and brake booster differences between the PP and the standard GT

Personally i want to do the s197 brembo 4 pistons, enough for my needs. The problem? Budget once agin.... since i cnnnot find a used kit when inhave the money bahahaha !! Seriously tho, next summer will be a brake revamp in the form of ebc pads and rotors all around and i also need to leRn how to bleed/change the brake fluid.... i feel like it is toast

It's quite a game of dominos once the mod bug bites! I've been working toward more volume in and more air out. Then it's stance and handling. Wheels & tires and the right amount of stopping power with a bit of style. Where to go for a "spirited" daily driver that won't likely see much track or strip is a challenge! Hard not fill an online shopping cart sitting around looking at other builds on line!

You said so!!, i will tell you saturday what was my shopping kart this winter bahahaha

Look forward to meeting up & hearing your plans! Will tell you mine as long as my co-pilot is out of earshot!!

Back