Tire Cleaners and Shine? Recommendations?

GRIFF

Okay....ran out of the Adams Polish tire cleaner/shine that I have been using for years. Can't get it on the Island so went to Cdn Tire to see what I could find. Well...found too much! So many brands and types to choose from so couldn't make up my mind! So I am throwing it out there....what do members use/recommend for tire cleaner and shine and conversely are there any to stay away from (waste of time and effort or not good for the rubber)? I would prefer to find something that will last between several washes and that is not too messy to apply or will not make a mess of the rims.

Good topic Griff, have tried various and am interested to hear others thoughts. When washing the car I use ArmorAll Tire Foam as a simple and quick no mess no effort solution. If at a show I use Turtle Wax Wet'n'Black applied with a sponge, not bad but I am sure there are better.

Btw, if anyone is after advice on bug and tar sprays, having a luminous green car I have tried a few and highly recommend Turtle Wax Bug and Tar..... works very well and leaves a protective coat of wax after as well. Far better then many of the more expensive options.

Back