05-14 SCT BDX Tuner (1996-2019)

IRONMAN

Selling my handheld tuner, in case you know anyone looking for one.
$350 unpaired and unlocked. Bought it at Mustang Direct last year (retail price is $500-$600)
Used a couple of times, but really don't see big gains on my setup and is just collecting dust.
Comes with original box and accessories.

let me know if anyone is interested. I still don’t do Kijiji or eBay. I can pay for the shipping if needed.

I was going to say if you think you might go to Pete’s in the future on the Dyno run, you should hang on to it because you’ll have to buy another one from him if you want him to work on or tune your car.

Otherwise, he can only strap you on, give you your numbers and take you off.
He can’t work on or improve any of the parameters without you having a tuner of your own.

Having said that, good on you for the quick sale.

That was quick. I believe I have the same with my 2016. No idea how it works lol.
I have the X4, and the damn thing always bugs. I am tuned now, but if I try to go and plug it to check the gauges or try to read a code/see if there's a code, it doesn't want to connect to the car... It pisses me off honestly. Coming from a world where I had a Cobb Accessport installed, the X4 is worst than unimpressive sadly.
But when it works, it works well!!

Edit: Just clarifying I know the BDX is supposed to be an evolution of the X4, but still, bugging like that is kinda annoying and stressful when it's time to change from one tune to the other. :)

The BDX works well. I did not get any bugs, however I did not see the “wake up” factor. Maybe I don’t see big differences coz I don’t have a lot of mods yet, and I’m probably not going to make big changes on the setup at least until 2022.
Then, other projects are on the list, and make all the “approval process” easier if I need $400 less...? (even if that means spend them again in the future).

Back