Rich's MINI build

Rich06

Navigator

My 03 Cooper has had some minor mods so far, It has a K&N air filter and a MSD coil pack and wires

I also upgraded the stereo to a Kenwood Excellon system

One of the rear springs broke, so Im waiting semi-patiently for a Bilstien B12 suspension kit to arrive. I say semi patiently since the Cooper doesn't get used in the winter but I really want the kit to arrive so I can play :)

It's fun to drive in a differnt way than the Mustang. You have to keep the revs up to keep it in the powerband unlike the 4.6 which just makes effortless power , it loves to pull to 7 grand on the tach and it pretty well pulls all the way up. Some cars run out of pull at the top. Factor in the corner on rails ability and it's a fun car to drive

There is or was a John Cooper Works S around that had 200hp at the wheels. The S version from that era has a supercharger and a close ratio 6 speed and made I think 150 Hp. Mine if all the manufactures lies are added up is in the 125 hp range with a 5 speed. Same final drive ratio. The S I drove was fun but I decided on the normally asperated one thinking it had less of a chance of melting down.

No Title

The boxes finally arrived from TDot with the new springs and shocks. My son Sean and I managed to get everything together correctly after a bit of trial and error, the instructions hat came with the kit were not particularly helpful. Here's a couple of shots from the process

It rides much nicer than before, I guess shocks only last so long :)

Attachments

• photo658.jpg
    photo658.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo659.jpg
    photo659.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1
Back