NHL 2022 / 2023 season

Well preseason is over, is it just me or there more injury reports than whole seaon
going around, seems like alot for guys just getting ready to play.

I would say most teams looked as expected and now the real games begin.
I suspect temas not as great as preseason, bad teams likely not that bad,
Maybe thats why they play the games.

Habs will have a tough year, gotta wonder if better off having real bad than finishing 20th?
I hate losing sooooo.

What About your team? how do you honestly think they will do?

Honestly, I have no clue how Bruins will do.
Have not followed anything so far.

But being who they are, I think they’ll pull out a decent season again.
Bruins a Little longer in the tooth, but still more than capable.
For them, depends on few youngs guys and how they show
and like all teams Goaltending will decide how far they go.

I think the Bruins are a well coached and hard working team. They will put it all out there to win. As for fans, like any original six, they either love them or hate them. Nothing in between. That makes for good rivalry off the ice which can also get heated. Looking forward to the season start. While Carol Ann is the Habs fan I just enjoy good hockey. Show me the effort and I will accept the winning or losing by any team. In the last few years everyone dealt with the lock down and I can only imagine what it would be like for players to be mixed in with the travel limits, testing and still supporting their own families through it all. Just having a "normal" season will be refreshing.

Well officially the start of the NHL was last week
in Europe where Nashville beat San Jose twice.
Last night was the start in North America
Rangers beating tampa and Vega winning over LA

Now in the real world of Hockey, The NHL starts tonight in Canada :)
Habs playing leafs in Home opener, last year they split season 4-4
WIth Montreal in an official rebuild first time in History, Leafs should get and easy 2 points.
Lots of youth on team and 4 rookies on Defence to start.

I suspect Montreal to have a long year, but suspect they might be a bit better than all
the experts are saying, as I have said 50/50 on what I prefer. But I hope they play hard are competive with
growth and progress on team, thats realistic.

The Habs fan I am, as unrealistic as it is, I hope they beat Leafs and Bruins all year LOL
16 wins 66 losses, first round pic, if they beat thos 2 teams I am happy :)

Funny today how queit Leaf fans are on Facebook, twitter and instagram
I don't understand, 2 days ago, they had the cup in the bag, what happened :ROFLMAO:

Now I know this is only one game and realize it will likely be reversed as the season goes along but
Today, Habs tied for first in Division, leafs tied for last :)
League, Habs 7th, leafs 26th Ah the joy, even if only for a day :)

Meant to say this the other day,
leafs have a good team, despite last nights loss
and I have no doubt, they will be in the payoffs, just to good
not to be. But no one cares, the conversation all year long will be the same,
can they win a round?

Huge gamble on goaltending be fun to see if it works?
And what happens if it fails? Dubas gone and what else?

Funny 4-5 games in and according to TSN or SPortsnet, the world is falling
coaches maybe on chopping block, teams in trouble, Persoanlly I think this is funny.
10 games gives you a hint, but you need 20 to truely audit a team and likely performance.

Leafs on fire, coach coing onto players twice in 4 games, and appartenly hurt the elite players feeling with comments
after being beat up on by Arizona LOL. Silly season is far to easy, but funny to watch, like train wreck :)

My Habs, have to be happy with 3-2-0 start, but equally important the compete to end of game
In a rebuild tons of young guys, all doing pretty decent. Compete level is there, have to happy with that.
I realize some tough days ahead, but if they fight to end and develop alls good :)

The game last night was fun and entertaining. Arber Xhekaj had a good fight with Kassian, Suzuki had a sweet goal. Caufiled stepped up again and running hot and even Gallagher scored. Monahan is helping win the face-offs. For those not following - Xhekaj (say it like Jack-eye) has a nickname of Wi-Fi because his last name looks like a password.

Well 7 / 8 games in, Canucks finally win a game and the the
folks who watch and comment are going nuts about half the teams in the league.
Little early I say, but funny to read lol.

My habs doing better than anyone expected and realizing likely not winning anything this
year, playing strong and in it till the end of every game now. Also young guys are doing incredibly
well, bodes well for the future.

Side note, Leafs are average to start and got leaf fans and writers ready to jump off a ledge,
so of course I think its fun to watch. :ROFLMAO:

Back