New to the party from Dartmouth

Just joined the forum along with my recently acquired 1983 Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible
I'm also looking forward in connecting with other members of the group in the Halifax and Antigonish area
I've attached pic's taken on the last run before being put to bed for the winter

Attachments

• photo2930.jpg
    photo2930.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo2931.jpg
    photo2931.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the welcome & comments
I bought the car at the end of August and I did manage to get it down to one of the Dartmouth Thursday night A&W meets in September and I'm looking forward to showing it off next year.
The car came from BC via Moncton and I don't think it ever saw a winter or salt. It does require some TLC on the interior all typical stuff, sun fading and minor water damage probably caused by being caught in the rain with the top down.
The 302 engine runs very well and has all original parts and emission gear, with exception of the fuel pump which I changed since purchasing, including the original, I believe 4180, Holley 4 Barrel Carburetor. Believe me while running in 3rd Gear at 50 Km/hr stepping on the gas opening all 4 barrels, will chirp the all seasons and set you back in the seat. Ford advertized that 83 GT would do 0 - 60 in 6.6 sec and I can see why

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum. great looking car.
Look forward to seeing it next year.
Lots on here to read, jump in any of the conversations.

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to voice your opinion on any of the topics or start some of your own. We are starting our 2019 fall run plans soon . We are always happy to have new people join in.If you need help with mustang stuff people only to happy to help.

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a time capsual there. They were the biggest bang for your buck back in the day.

Back