New member from St-Léonard, N.B.

67 AGAIN

Enthusiast
Hello everyone. My name is Marc and I joined July 29th. From northwestern N.B., along the TCH, between Grand Falls and Edmundston.
I saw Alexleblanc's intro and liked how he listed his mods. I posted some pics in an album on my member page but I don't think anyone has seen them.
I know we all like to look at pictures of cars so I'm posting them here for your enjoyment.
This is my third Mustang. I have taught my kids to drive stick and my lawn tractor is a Ford. :FordSmile
Car is a 2006 GT, Manual, Legend Lime, Attention given to making it a tribute to the early big blocks of our cars, the '67 390's, but with equal dose of stopping and turning ability.
List of mods includes,

**Engine and powertrain:
AC delete with FR pulley
GMS crank and water pump underdrive pulleys
JLT CAI
FR twin bore 62mm throttle body
Steeda charge motion delete plates
FR Hot Rod cams with Ford blue valve covers
BBK long tubes with high flow X pipe
Maganaflow Magnapack wide open exhaust
Hurst billet short throw shifter
Axle Exchange one piece aluminium DS
FR 3.73 gears with FR vented diff. cover
91 octane SCT custom tune by Matt Dasilva from Dasilva Racing
349 WHP and 335 WTQ

**Suspension and chassis:
BMR LCA's and relocation brackets
BMR adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard brace
Eibach front and rear sway bars
FR "P" springs 1" drop
Bilstein dampers
BMR K member brace
Whiteline K member to sway bar support
MM caster-camber plates
FR strut tower brace
FR Brembo GT500 front brakes with SS lines and DOT 4 fluid
JLT brake cooling ducts
SVT 18" wheels with 255/45 front and 285/40 rear rubber

**Appearance:
MRT 67-68 replica hood
SHR flush mount quarter louvers
V-6 spoiler for more of a fastback look
'08 Bullitt grille with Raxiom 60's style headlights
GT fender badge replaced by tri bar pony
60's style rocker stripe

**Interior and Function:
FR Recaro "Boss302" seats
A few SHR billet pieces

Have a nice day everyone!

Go to post

fetch
fetch
fetch
fetch
fetch
fetch
fetch
fetch
fetch

The track is Circuit Mont-Tremblant about an hour north of Montreal. I was there for 2 days this past May.
You have to register through the Jim Russell driving school. https://www.jimrussell.com/en/schedules.cfm
One must attend their 1 day performance driving event first, then once a graduate of that you can attend as many of their 1 day performance lapping days as you want. Once you attend the performance driving day, they put you on a mailing list and you get notified if they put together last minute lapping days when track rentals get cancelled. It's the same company that owns the track that runs the school so they can do that.

Welcome aboard. Like the mods to the legend lime. So which svt wheels do you run? Cheers from Dart. you should plan a day to AMP. I wonder if your lapping card from Mont Tremblant.

I think Helimech and I could use our lapping car from AMP
if we do enough events, might get us past the school day at Mont Tremblant.
I know it will at Louden and was invited down.
they normally send an instructor out for a few laps, make sure your ok.
then your good to go. Be interesting to know if Mont Tremblant is same.

I have two sets of SVT wheels. I have a set of '07 to '09 GT500's and a set of 2010 18" GT500's.
I've only ever been on the track with the 07-09's with the Good Year F1 rubber with 220 treadwear.
Those have the most mileage and I really like them. Thinking of getting an R compound tire for those in near future, for the track.
Rubber on the 2010 wheels is new and is also Good Year F1.

I don't know if hey would. They seem pretty strict and regimented.
It doesn't cost anything to ask.
You could enquire at this link mailto:[email protected]
The guy that runs the school is named Keith BLATZ
Interesting thing about how they do things is it's almost no in car instruction.
Most of the instruction takes place in class and you head out on track to practice what they just talked about in class.
I did a Track Guys event at Mosport before and a Phoenix CMR event at Watkins Glen and for me, I preferred the way they did things because there was more in-car instruction.
But the Mont-Tremblant track is a beautiful track, at 2.65 miles (4.24 km) long and elevation changes, hairpin turn and a very long back stretch. It's got everything. Very high speed and very slow technical.
I actually prefer Watkins Glen though because it is more rhythmic. It's like a dance.

AMP is very tight, your always turning, even the back straight is not straight LOL.
Would love to plan a trip, have never been to Mont Tremblant.
I have been to Gosport many times.
Thanks for the info, not in a panic, but will send an email.

I've never been to AMP but hear that it's tight. More of a motorcycle track.
Also that it's old. Not recently repaved. Rough asphalt. Like gritty sand paper.
Could have accelerated your tire wear.
Be nice if we could hit Mont-Tremblant at same time.
Being close to Montreal, lots of expensive and fast cars, with experienced drivers.
Those guys just take a sick day and go play.
Ferraris, tons of Porches of all levels some high tech, a new twin turbo McLaren 675, Mercedes AMG, Audis and a Jaguar F type this past spring, and a new Corvette Z06.
Humbling for a straight axle car like mine with no nannies. Some passed me a couple times during same session. They went much faster on the long back straight. And they have monster brakes, like you.
Lots of room on the track though.
Good news for you. There were sessions the day before I got there.
A guy brought his 350 R to play and according to the instructors he bested everyone one the day he was there. I don't know what other cars were there on his days.
That's why Ford recommends that 1.75 neg. camber. To dish it out to the Europeans.
I spoke with the Z06 owner. He was nice and humble. I could tell he had lots of track experience.
He did not deny the experience but neither did he give details. He smiled and shared that his car had lots of nannies. That was his way of being humble so as to not take all the credit. A real nice guy.

Ohtobbad;n6730 said:
Lots of great guys, only few are jerks, its all good fun.

He's the one you gotta watch out for Marc lol ?

That's why he's got that name ?

Now, Now! No need to be hasty here. You're right, it's all good fun, and majority responsible people.
We all have a lots invested in these cars.
We want to keep them shiny and out of the rhubarb.

67 AGAIN;n6759 said:
Now, Now! No need to be hasty here. You're right, it's all good fun, and majority responsible people.
We all have a lots invested in these cars.
We want to keep them shiny and out of the rhubarb.

TO true, funny thing is at the track, everyone knows what is at stake.
All will help if an issue arises. its like a family.

Back