New forum setting

Now I have to log in if I want to see a tread. I did usually log in if I wanted to reply to something but now ...

Am I the only one finding this annoying? The blurry post if you're not logging.

It is a new setting that has been added. Getting people to join the forum is really what we are looking to get out of it. Gonna try it for a bit and see if it makes a difference in the new member numbers

I think they might join in just by curiosity and not coming back. Like I said I used to log in only if I had something to say. Just like going to your local Ford dealership,it is nice sometime just to roam without buying ...LOL

LOL. On a trial basis for now and we shall see if it gives us positive or negative results.

Reactions: 5.0
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

" log in and be a part of something " So this is what you are thinking of me?....

Last edited:
Yeah just a test. I have all my devices set to log on automatically to the site so I never have that issue. I guess we will see how it is perceived.

I just use the Facebook login. Phone and IPad have the FB app so constantly logged in and it's the push of a button for the forum. No password or username required.

Mine is set to automatic login also, sometimes I have to log out, to look at different things, to see it as a new person LOL.
As said above were trying different things, making adjustments all the time. Looking for a great forum with the best features.
Oh and being a member is free, so signing up costs nothing.

This is the 3rd Mustang Forum I have belonged to, and by far it is the Best I have seen so far. I am also a member of IMBOC, the International Mustang BULLITT Forum, I spend 90% of my Forum time here and only 10% on IMBOC. :FordSmile

We will try our experiments and make adjustments soon.
I suspect a happy medium is what we are looking for.

Back