Neat trick

Festus

I thought someone might like this. This is one of my electrolysis tank I use to unseized parts when I rebuild antique engines. pic 1 The part is dangling on the wire in the middle of the tank with ground from battery charger hooked to it. posive wire from charger is hooked to 4 home made electrodis on sides and ends of tank. foam is electrolysis at work.In the second picture the dark brown u see is the rust being drawn off the part and too the positive electrode. I have unseized part that were stuck for over 75 years with this set up.100_1123.JPG100_1124.JPG

Last edited:
Trevor my garage is so full at this moment. I have not any room to do my tractors and engines too many hobbies. this is old pic off inside garage before I filled it with projects 100_0040.jpg100_0524.jpg . the tractors in pic are in garage now plus my forklift,2 bikes and engines on racks. this winter my truck,jeep and mustang will join all projects. tractors are 52 cockshutt 20 deluxe and 47 john deere b.I have recently sold two ponys and hope to downsize on some engines this winter.

AC Bill;n26667 said:
What liquid do you use.distilled water?

I use just tap water and throw in couple handfuls of { so clean } laundry soap. Some people hook the charger to a car battery and put leads from battery to parts and electrodes. It is said to be better for charger.If u hook leads up to parts wrong way u can watch part disappear.

This tear down of my cockshutt 20 was started awhile ago some may be interested. I now wait to do the dirty work and spray paint the parts outside in summer because of the mess it makes on other junk in garage so this is going to be a long rebuild. I will show u the pic I have so far and to what point this tractor is now. I only rebuild stuff in my spare time being that I have 2 other hobbys. 100_0040.jpg100_0070.jpg100_0071.jpg100_0074.jpg here axle off, front of frame gone + tins.All parts will be taken off in chunks then every nut and bolt will be removed, cleaned to bare metal, primed and at some point painted and put back togeather.

Last edited:
100_0075.jpg100_0076.jpg100_0077.jpg A few more pictures 1 another few parts removed. Second pic getting ready to remove motor & gas tank as one chunk . I am not sure if I will rebuild engine works pretty good.1 frame rail gone not much left. That is my milling machine behind.

Last edited:
You weren't kidding when you said rebuild.
I have friend who buys old tractors,
fixes them up, plays with them a bit and then sells them,
but yours are total rebuild, be fun to watch as you progress.

100_0089.jpg100_0090.jpg100_0093.jpgThese will be last pictures for quite awhile too many jobs on the go. I will post some pictures when I start again if u would like. 1 pic is new nose piece one on right will be replaced u can see weld on inside. 2 pic not much left, my lathe on left. fist phase of rebuild is complete all apart in chunks.

Back