How to get rid of swirls and holograms on paint?

When I bought my '14 GT I had a few scratches on my paint. So my local dealership said they would buff it in their shop... I wasn't impress with the result, the scratches were still there plus I had swirls and holograms all over the car. They tried to have it fix at a local body shop (start with a "D" and ends with collision) but again worst... So I tried every kind of wax and polish with no major result. Any good shop you guys know that would fix my problem? I just bought "Liquid glass" anyone know if this work?

A good polish should do the trick with a DA polisher. Liquid glass is a good sealant but it doesn't have any correcting power in it.

Where the hell did you find a bottle of Liquid Glass? My usual source ran out 2 years ago...

92LX302;n2093 said:
A good polish should do the trick with a DA polisher. Liquid glass is a good sealant but it doesn't have any correcting power in it.

Where the hell did you find a bottle of Liquid Glass? My usual source ran out 2 years ago...

Not that far...I'll message you

Black box works ok on black to restore the deep black color as it has a pigment but I don't think it will help your issue. I found it was hard to get an even look, sometimes was mottled in the sun. I had previously used a maguires 3 step - cleaner-polish and wax and had good results, but a very sore back and arms.
I need to complete the project again after producing some marks last year while in a hurry on a clean up.

Those pesky rock chips turn white after waxing , man do they ever show up on a black car!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5.0
Took me a lot of years to find out the right way to do this. I get a better Polish and gleam and no swirls than any detail shop I've brought cars to. There is no easy way. I switched to Autoglym product's and start with their wash and move right to clay (this is the bomb), then super resin Polish and then then extra gloss protection.. Then say hello to yourself in the mirror!

I used NXT from Meguiars last summer. It did the job to hide it but wanted something more permanent. I'm kinda lazy doing the 3 steps ...LOL (picture taken by Trueblue 02058)

15055793_10154951114819384_3651413492453549722_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I bought the black box one time and used it on someone else car that was pretty bad. It was OK but not super. I usually clay once a year and multiple coats of gold class over the summer.

Reactions: 5.0
Back