Hi, I'm new to the site with an 05 Mustang Gt

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site but not new to mustangs. I had a 99 Mustang Gt and now I have an 05 Gt. I bought the car I have now out of Halifax this summer and I'm still in the process of getting it back to the way it should be, as well as getting it the way I want it to be. If you're around Saint John, you might see or hear me coming!thumbnail_Screenshot_20210824-135902_Gallery.jpg

Welcome to maritime Mustang. Nice car, can't wait to see all you have planned.
to be shy, start a thread in builds section, we love to follow along with repairs, builds
and changes and you will have no shaortage on advice how to spend your money lol.

Hopefully you received the tuner included in the purchase.
The fact that 4.10’s were added won’t necessitate that the tune be modified.
But you can use the tuner to tell the ECU that the car now has 4.10’s.
That will make your speedometer accurate again, assuming your tire diameters are still the same as OE.

If tire sizes are different, the tuner can relay that info to the ECU as well.

Key thing to know about tuned cars is that if you are ever at a dealership for any reason and they tell you the car requires an ECU update from Ford, you have to return the car to stock, let Ford do the update, then dump your tune back in.

If the update is done to your tune, good chance your tune can be corrupted.
However, if update is done to stock tune and then you dump your tune in all is well.

So for that reason, good advice is to keep your tuner in the car at all times.

Enjoy the hot rodding!

I bought the car with a dyno tune that was done in 2018 by Raven in Halifax. I'm being told by them that they don't have the stock tune in their computer anymore. I want to get a sctx4 but I'm not sure how it works with a current tune in the car. The car originally was tuned by bama and the guy I bought the car from didn't have it but now is offering to sell it to me (even though he's really hard to get ahold of now).

I bought the car with a dyno tune that was done in 2018 by Raven in Halifax. I'm being told by them that they don't have the stock tune in their computer anymore. I want to get a sctx4 but I'm not sure how it works with a current tune in the car. The car originally was tuned by bama and the guy I bought the car from didn't have it but now is offering to sell it to me (even though he's really hard to get ahold of now).
Depends on how much he's asking for the tuner i guess .. your stock tune should still be on that too..don't buy it without hooking up to your car to make sure it's the one for your car ..Downey's can flash your car back to stock settings if needed..

As said above, if you can't get right tuner ofr it, have it put back to stock,
buy your SCT4, we can help get you the tune you need for now and future,
check out the old dyno run thread, might be of future interest, if were ever aloud in the US again.

I am not a Raven fan for Mustangs just sayin, I would use Pete and if you have tuner SCT4 he can send you a tune.

As said above, if you can't get right tuner ofr it, have it put back to stock,
buy your SCT4, we can help get you the tune you need for now and future,
check out the old dyno run thread, might be of future interest, if were ever aloud in the US again.

I am not a Raven fan for Mustangs just sayin, I would use Pete and if you have tuner SCT4 he can send you a tune.
Thank you, I appreciate the info! My last mustang didn't get modded enough to be tuned so this is all new to me!

Depends on how much he's asking for the tuner i guess .. your stock tune should still be on that too..don't buy it without hooking up to your car to make sure it's the one for your car ..Downey's can flash your car back to stock settings if needed..
Also good to know, thank you!

Welcome

Your 05 looks Great ?
Here’s my True Blue 01 BULLITT View attachment 48048
Nice looking car! I had a 99 Gt before this one... then and now

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210826_213656.jpg
    thumbnail_20210826_213656.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 2
Ho crap!
The guy you nought from is a shister.
He’s playing you.
He’s trying yo sell you something he should have included in the original deal.

Anyway, that’s your choice now.
Buy the tuner from him or pass.

As Mineral Grey said, it probably contains your stock tune, which is valuable.
His advice to check that and ensure it works with your car first is great advice.

If it does not contain your stock tune, a hard pass is advised.

Then, getting the SCT and getting Downey’s to flash you back to stock is best course.
Once you secure a stock tune, dump the SCT tune appropriate for your mods in and run that until you decide to get a custom tune, as Ohtobbad suggests.

I don’t know who Raven is, but have herd several first hand accounts about Pete in NH and would have no reservations in recommending.

Being in northern NB, I started dealing with Dasilva racing in Pickering, ON, in 2008 and all my tuning is done by them.

Back