Headlight Restoration Kits

If they are real bad, I use a high # wet sand paper. That cuts the worse of then go with an even higher # wet sand paper, then polishing compound and then wax.
The kits are good, but take for ever if the are heavily oxidized. Make sure to cover the paint around the lights.

Last few times I bought the sanding paper separately myself (3 different grits, water sanding smoother and smoother) and then polished them to high shine with a paint polish and orange pad on my polisher, followed by a coat of Wax or paint sealant.

should be noted that this is to be performed as a last resort, and will have to be performed almost every year to keep the clarity (as you remove the protection on the lens by correcting them). But I am sure you knew this fact already. Aren’t your lights on the mustang only a year or two old? :unsure:

Last few times I bought the sanding paper separately myself (3 different grits, water sanding smoother and smoother) and then polished them to high shine with a paint polish and orange pad on my polisher, followed by a coat of Wax or paint sealant.

should be noted that this is to be performed as a last resort, and will have to be performed almost every year to keep the clarity (as you remove the protection on the lens by correcting them). But I am sure you knew this fact already. Aren’t your lights on the mustang only a year or two old? :unsure:

The Mustang lights are fine, the ones on my other toy, an 03 Cooper are 17 years old and a little opaque

The Mustang lights are fine, the ones on my other toy, an 03 Cooper are 17 years old and a little opaque

Understood! So, as I've stated above, you can either build your own kit as I've done (pertaining you have a buffer), OR buy a kit similar to what you find in Dave's link above (attachment to buff on a drill), with a liquid to buff the plastic. Both avenues work.

Back