Forum Tips & Tricks

92LX302

Staff member
This thread will contain links to different 'How To' and 'Tips & Tricks' on how to use and personalize the www.MaritimeMustang.com forum to your liking. This website use the lastest and most recent vBulletin forum software and might confuse you if you were used to the older version. If you wrote a 'How To' or got some good tricks, share them here so we can add them to this main post!

HOW TO:

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip.

Tried to do this but for some reason it will not allow me to save anything asking me to log in even though I am logged in. I am also not allowed to give any Likes also telling me that I must be logged in. Tried to log off and on but still same thing. Funny as I have had issues with my Avatar earlier this week but Max fixed it up for me. Something tells me that this site is not warm to me yet..........lol

Fun GT;n582 said:
Thanks for the tip.

Tried to do this but for some reason it will not allow me to save anything asking me to log in even though I am logged in. I am also not allowed to give any Likes also telling me that I must be logged in. Tried to log off and on but still same thing. Funny as I have had issues with my Avatar earlier this week but Max fixed it up for me. Something tells me that this site is not warm to me yet..........lol

I am having the same issue. Will send the issue off and get it fixed :)

As posted in the message on main page, we had some security issues,
Mike was trying to fix it live, which caused the sign in issue, then he shut it down
to do the repairs, I think it is fine now or for now. I realize we have had some issues
getting this forum launched. Keep in mind, it is very new ( latest version ) of V-bulletin
they do not even have all the bugs worked out. Mike has a fully time job, works 2 part time
jobs and is not charging us for his time, Although sometimes, things don't get fix as fast as we like or
don't work exactly like we want it will come. With time it will be smooth and we will understand
its parameters better.

Max has been a mod before and understands some of the functions, Jason and I are
brand new to this and learning, for me being technically challenged on a good day, the learning curve is steep.
I hope you all stay with it, I do believe in the long run it will be worth and we can built a great
Mustang community :)

Fun GT;n652 said:
Have no fear gentlemen, no pressure !!! You are doing a fine job !!!!

We are all learning something new here as well and it is quite fun too boot, nice work !!!

Roger not sure exactly what you wanna change, but PM Support or me, I might be able to fix it, not sure
still a rookie, but Mike will be able to for sure.

It's all good now Trevor.

Was trying to add a signature which didn't work at first and I was also not able to leave any Likes on anyone's posts but it's all back on track now.

Thanks for the help people.....

As you will Notice, we have a new likes, dislike and thanks button to the bottom left of posts.
If you click these it will give the member credit for the post also.
I didn't know this was being done, but Mike is working/ tweaking things when he has free time.
I am sure we will see more as time goes on.

I had to switch off my email notification for private messages. The new buttons for Thanks and Like now send out an email. Don't need any more emails added to my day.:(

thundr;n2272 said:
I had to switch off my email notification for private messages. The new buttons for Thanks and Like now send out an email. Don't need any more emails added to my day.:(

I am not 100% sure, but you should be able to switch off anything you don't want e-mails for.
I have I was getting 20 a day, to many. I think its under subscriptions.

Hopefully everyone can see the list at the top of the page for new users, most posts and newest posts! We talked about this yesterday and glad to see it came to life. Should make it a bit easier when you want to know what's new on the forum.

Canuck166;n2377 said:
Hopefully everyone can see the list at the top of the page for new users, most posts and newest posts! We talked about this yesterday and glad to see it came to life. Should make it a bit easier when you want to know what's new on the forum.

I think some stats should be at top, some at the bottom. but its still a work in progress.
One thing make showed Jason and I yesterday was some stats.
for a new forum, it was impressive, we had over 1500 visitors the first month and
we are already over 1500 for this month.
We just need more to sign up and become invalid in the conversation. :)

Google ads are at the bottom and Maritime Mustang ads, will be on right side, we will have to adjust the sizes to get it looking good.
Hopefully in time we will have a space problem, that means we have some help paying for this :)
Soon have some Swag for offer also :)

Happy New Year. We are in the process of doing a few updates and tweaking the forum a little.
Please have patience and look around, most things will be the same with a few small adjustments.

We are also looking at how to get more people to sign and post, this will require a little adjustment also.
But your Mustangs friends :) every post helps on a new forum.

Back