2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

Yes it is a nice thing indeed!! And you are right, I simply need long tubes and H pipes to drown that out. Let's just say that, compared to yours, my car is sounding like it's on mute. You can hear the cams, but you only have to walk next to the car/in front of the car to loose the exhaust noises... :rolleyes: :p

Been throwing the idea around of installing long tubes for awhile now and H pipe in my case sounds like it's the way to go too, seems like less drone as compared to X pipes. But it is quite hard to find an H pipe that fits long tubes without any modifications. Did you find anything out there Max ??

Fun GT;n33794 said:
Been throwing the idea around of installing long tubes for awhile now and H pipe in my case sounds like it's the way to go too, seems like less drone as compared to X pipes. But it is quite hard to find an H pipe that fits long tubes without any modifications. Did you find anything out there Max ??

Not hard to find really, just as expensive than the longtubes themselves IF you want to keep you cats! example is these two products here below (open both links).

https://www.americanmuscle.com/kooks-headers-0510gt-manual.html

https://www.americanmuscle.com/kooks-25-catted-hpipe-0510-gt-w-long-tube-headers.html

total both pieces together of $1,715.77 +HST + EXCHANGE RATE + SHIPPING... but yeah, both components above are the ones that i would like to do, but obviously with that amount, let's just say it's not for tomorrow :) Other places that i know need my attention at the same time :rolleyes:

Yep I had seen that but price scared me away, was thinking more in the lines of BBK which is affordable and better bang for the buck. But it is direct fit with their X pipe and I cannot find anything about making an H pipe fit, so far anyways.

Bbk is not fitting with anything else. A friend of mine have problems mKing a catback from flow,aster fit it’s h pipe from theme (94 GT that is). For me, I’ll just save and buy that combo, although a couple years down the road

Hello Roger,
Before I read Max's reply, I was already thinking Kooks.
Kooks is really the only combo out there for your model car with plug and play H pipe.
All the others are X pipes.
You can chose off road (No catalytic converters) or High flow cats.
Being that we are in NB with annual inspections and you're not building a race car, I would strongly recommend the high flow cats.
Keep your car legal and the difference with a good tune is only 1 or 2 hp difference.
Not worth risking getting in trouble with your inspection.
Kooks is like the most prestigious and high priced stuff out there. It is very good quality and you do pay for the name.
Contrary to popular belief, there is no difference in performance between H and X pipe. Only a sound difference, and that is subtle.

I have the BBK LT's with X pipe that you talk about, for the same reasons you mention.
Nicely priced and good bang for the buck. My car sounds good. Would and H pipe make much difference? I'm not about to find out.
So, the BBK is a good option. It is reliable. I have had no issues.
BBK offers three variants with different prices.
Chrome finish, less expensive of the three. Then ceramic coated and stainless steel. Both less expensive than Kooks.
I have the chrome ones. After a few good runs the chrome turns blue and becomes hard to tell from stainless steel.
Unless you start driving in winter salt, you won't go through the chrome ones. Good value for the money.

They will wake up the car. With the Hot Rod cams they add 22 hp to the wheels.
Sorry, I don't have a figure with stock cams.

Last recommendation. Before you do LT's, have a talk with Aaron.
Chances are they will be louder then what you expect.
Sally may not like driving with you after that. Even yourself, you may find it a bit loud. It's not for everyone.
LT's are for Max performance, not passenger comfort.

Unless max performance is your goal, you could consider shorty headers and a quality cat back or axle back exhaust.
You would still get some performance improvement and good sound while keeping decibel levels in check. A compromise.
I don't have numbers on performance difference. Google can probably find something but I'm guessing near 50% less than LT's.
But that's still more than you have now, less expensive, and your wife still likes the car.

Cheers.

18B5B078-751B-4C2E-9CFC-09DA44AFE24E.jpeg Max, I see in your signature, you label yourself as "corner carver".
That being the case, you're going to need a strut tower brace.
Am I putting your name on the Ford Racing one I have for your car, for springtime of course?

Last edited:
Fun GT;n33837 said:
Yep I had seen that but price scared me away, was thinking more in the lines of BBK which is affordable and better bang for the buck. But it is direct fit with their X pipe and I cannot find anything about making an H pipe fit, so far anyways.

Roger.....let's have a chat and go for a spin..... I'm into BBK LTs, BBK catless X-pipe and MBRP catbacks. Phil is in Bassani LTs and MBRP h pipe and catbacks. We need to find a spot where you can get a good, lived experience. Watching youtube videos is great to get you thinking, but a seat experience is what really needed!

pei_guy;n33846 said:
Roger.....let's have a chat and go for a spin..... I'm into BBK LTs, BBK catless X-pipe and MBRP catbacks. Phil is in Bassani LTs and MBRP h pipe and catbacks. We need to find a spot where you can get a good, lived experience. Watching youtube videos is great to get you thinking, but a seat experience is what really needed!

Roger will also need to chat with mark and listen to his setup as ouf 3V are quite far from sound the coyote 5.0 produce, but your setups would give an idea on loudness yes.

Yeah I want to hear your car as well Max. Looking at cams someday and I am not sure I want to change all of my exhaust again. Already have the shorty's, hope and car back. Not the first time I hear the passenger comment with longtubes and I definitely don't want to play with that to much. We both enjoy the car.

2001BlackGTvert;n33850 said:
Yeah I want to hear your car as well Max. Looking at cams someday and I am not sure I want to change all of my exhaust again. Already have the shorty's, hope and car back. Not the first time I hear the passenger comment with longtubes and I definitely don't want to play with that to much. We both enjoy the car.

Well that is one of the HUGE thing for me as well. Although i DO want to do the rest of the exhaust because it sounds to friggin great, i want to make sure we can do roadtrips and that she won't be too uncomfortable doing so.
I honestly got to admit, I've had enough with the fucking drone i created in the Focust ST (3'' catted downpipe, 3'' Roush catback, basically 3'' straight pipe LOL) so I REALLY DON'T WANT TO GO THERE AGAIN. Hence with i've selected my MBRP axle back since it's a real no drone system with the rest still OEM, unless i drive stupid and lug my engine at 1500RPM LOL

I am fortunate in this regard, I went to far with my 08 and we did cabot trail
loud would have been being polite and didn't matter what RPM'S or gear
it was loud, drove me nuts Aliona loved it lol.
I changed when I got home.

You tube and check out lots before you invest, these things are not cheap
and worth about 1/2 once you buy it. So do the research, make sure you get what you want.
Some day I am hoping I have a pure toy and comfort will not be part of equation.

Good advice from Trevor.
It's expensive and having buyer's remorse after the fact is never fun.

Charlie, if you already have shorty headers and like the sound volume of your current setup, then go ahead and get the cams and leave the exhaust as is.
The shorties will help scavenge gases to help the cams. The cams by themselves will not cause more drone than is already present.
Nor will they increase the sound level. They will add performance and change the song played by the exhaust.

Max, the cams you just put in are good for around 20 rwhp on their own.
The scavenging from LT's will add roughly another 20+. My results were cams 18 and LT's an additional 22 for total of 40, in y 05 automatic.
I don't have numbers on shorties. They will help also, so maybe guess 50% of LT's. That would still help your cams breathe for better performance.

For anyone, if you share your car with your significant other and do trips like this past weekend, consider diligently LT's. They add sound inside the cabin as well as outside. For example, it becomes hard to listen to the radio or have a conversation, and it doesn't go away.
The way I explain it is that to listen to the radio, you have to turn it up so loud that it becomes noise too, instead of music.
So then you have noise from the exhaust and from the radio.
For example, my wife would not have enjoyed this past weekend if we had been in the green car. Maybe she would not have come.

One way to control noise level is to retain catalytic converters and use conservative mufflers (or axle backs).
Something like a street or touring muffler. But adding a low noise muffler is kind of counter to what the LT's are all about, which is high flow.
One might as well do shorty headers and control the final noise level with the muffler...

High flow cats on the other hand, with LT and mid pipe combos, compared to no cats is only a 1 to 3 hp difference, which is negligible.
Especially in NB where cats are part of annual inspection.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate if any questions. I speak from first hand experience.

Last edited:
67 AGAIN;n33939 said:
Good advice from Trevor.
It's expensive and having buyer's remorse after the fact is never fun.

Charlie, if you already have shorty headers and like the sound volume of your current setup, then go ahead and get the cams and leave the exhaust as is.
The shorties will help scavenge gases to help the cams. The cams by themselves will not cause more drone than is already present.
Nor will they increase the sound level. They will add performance and change the song played by the exhaust.

Max, the cams you just put in are good for around 20 rwhp on their own.
The scavenging from LT's will add roughly another 20+. My results were cams 18 and LT's an additional 22 for total of 40, in y 05 automatic.
I don't have numbers on shorties. They will help also, so maybe guess 50% of LT's. That would still help your cams breathe for better performance.

For anyone, if you share your car with your significant other and do trips like this past weekend, consider diligently LT's. They add sound inside the cabin as well as outside. For example, it becomes hard to listen to the radio or have a conversation, and it doesn't go away.
The way I explain it is that to listen to the radio, you have to turn it up so loud that it becomes noise too, instead of music.
So then you have noise from the exhaust and from the radio.
For example, my wife would not have enjoyed this past weekend if we had been in the green car. Maybe she would not have come.

One way to control noise level is to retain catalytic converters and use conservative mufflers (or axle backs).
Something like a street or touring muffler. But adding a low noise muffler is kind of counter to what the LT's are all about, which is high flow.
One might as well do shorty headers and control the final noise level with the muffler...

High flow cats on the other hand, with LT and mid pipe combos, compared to no cats is only a 1 to 3 hp difference, which is negligible.
Especially in NB where cats are part of annual inspection.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate if any questions. I speak from first hand experience.

Marc,

good points there Marc. Thanks for the info. I would like to hear the cams a bit for sure and appreciate the extra power. What I don't want to be is in a position that we no longer get to enjoy the car together. So leaving my exhaust as is and doing cams may give me what I am looking for. I heard that longtubes add more cabin heat then shortys. Is this correct Marc?

Let’s just say that i will be extremely cautious on my next exhaust choices. ST’s seems the way to go on my end as hey would tend to minimize the amount of added « noise » in the cabin. Not just for her, but me as well. The Focus got old gosh darn quick when we have it the highway direction montreal (which we’ll do friday again, with the mustang ? ). For that reason alone i tend more on the ST side plus a magnaflow catted Hpipe OE style to replace / benefit over the OE one. But now we’re speaking a good couple years down the line as i went a little crazy this year (searching back, i am sure I’ve posted this exact phrase before.... ?)

2001BlackGTvert;n33940 said:
Marc,

good points there Marc. Thanks for the info. I would like to hear the cams a bit for sure and appreciate the extra power. What I don't want to be is in a position that we no longer get to enjoy the car together. So leaving my exhaust as is and doing cams may give me what I am looking for. I heard that longtubes add more cabin heat then shortys. Is this correct Marc?

You bring up a good point often overlooked. The answer is Yes, they do add cabin heat through heat soak.

They help keep the engine at a better operating temperature by ridding of some engine heat.
That heat is vented through the exhaust, resulting in the exhaust running hotter than with manifolds.
Some of that heat is soaked into the cabin through the floor and transmission tunnel.

67 AGAIN;n33943 said:
You bring up a good point often overlooked. The answer is Yes, they do add cabin heat through heat soak.

They help keep the engine at a better operating temperature by ridding of some engine heat.
That heat is vented through the exhaust, resulting in the exhaust running hotter than with manifolds.
Some of that heat is soaked into the cabin through the floor and transmission tunnel.

Ahh makes sense. Well I find it gets warm enough with what I have now. Lol. Will leave it alone and try to figure out cams.

Well, Let's provide the last update of the 2019 season.

Car is in storage since October 11th. I felt like sending it to sleep early this year, as the weather was just getting worst and colder in the forecast for the remainder of October. There's no plans what so ever to buy parts this winter, as i've over indulged/impulse bought a couple of items last winter and this summer, some of which i still have to install.

Next summer plans are:
- Watts Link installation, along with new diff fluid. All required parts and supplies are at home.
- Brakes rotors, pads and new fluid installation. All required supplies are at home.
-ENJOY the heck out of the car in the current form

Even tho the modifications will be milder and slower, i'll still continue to post pictures and updates on the car and the maintenance as time flies through :) For now, sleepy until next spring!!!

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0187[1].JPG

Back