Cool Ford Trucks

Tuned in to the livestream unveiling of the 2021 F150 on youtube last night.....as expected, nothing too far outside the box, Ford doesn't want to mess with their best selling product. Evolutionary, not revolutionary is a term I've heard a lot.

Couple of interesting additions, none that make me want to trade in and get one.... the front end has been re-jigged a bit and is looking like the other trucks in its class. Adding a ruler embossed on the tailgate is a little gimmicky, how useful it proves to be is going to be is open for interpretation.

120 Vac outlets in the box is interesting, I could see the practical side for contractors or campers. Those who enjoy sleeping in their trucks will enjoy the available lay flat reclining front seats.

No word on pricing, but safe to say it will be more than the 2020 models.

No mention of the Raptor, perhaps that one merits a livestream event on its own. lol

Not F150 related, but I just heard about the Hellcat powered Dodge Rebel TRX that might be due this fall.

700+ hp supercharged 6.2L apparently.......aimed directly at the Raptor market.

If Ford leaves a gap in Raptor production between generations, like they did from 2014 to 2017, the market will be wide open for Dodge to launch the TRX (T-Rex...how clever), and pricing is going to be competitive, so if they're offering that for the same money........

Hmmmmmmmm..........:unsure:

Dodge nowhere near Ford on suspension.
New suspension to them is adding a thicker sway bar
It won’t be a Raptor nor a Shelby.
If it does come out, it will be stuck in between.
Like Hellcat, a limited trick pony.
Lots of power but limited tools to put it to use anywhrre else other than a straight line.

And yes they should be affordable.
That’s how they sell trucks, because they don’t have an F150.
When they want to sell trucks, they knock the price.

It’s the case right now isn’t it?
Their tv adds are advertising employee pricing, Plus 0% financing for 84 months.
Heck, they’re giving them away.

I do drive the occasional Ram when we trade one in.
Yes good V8 sound from the dual exhaust equipped Hemi’s. Can’t deny that.
But suspension, handling and driving dynamics, not an F150.

Ford is the best in market, by a long shot.
big problem for chevy and dodge, is not building it.
its building at competive price.

Dodges 4 door charger out preforms the
challenger and hellcat in everything but stright line.
Sad really. Camaro gets close on occasion to Mustang
but ugly, they need to build vetted to compete.

Trucks and Muscle cars, Ford is still best bang for buck.

All good points, and trust me, its going to take a lot to get me out of my Raptor.

My point is waiting to see how Ford responds to the TRX.....they have a hit with the Raptor, ( except maybe for the EB, but I digress lol), and much like the GT500 answered the Hellcat and whatever that other one was, Demon I guess, I'm waiting to see what response there is, if any.

Given the back and forth with the manufacturers, say what you will about Dodge and pricing and quality, but competition is good for all of us.

Don't know if it's concrete info or not but was reading about the new F-150 coming up in 2021 and ran across an article where they were saying that the GT500's power plant will without a doubt make it's way into the new Raptor ?? Their answer to that RAM is what they claim ?? We'll see I guess ??
And by the way the new interior of that F-150 is quite sharp.

Back