Detailing

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
Well like most owning a car means lots of cleaning time.
But I have not had much time lately, so I took the car to
AutoShine. Randy and the guys did an amazing job.

IMG_5185.JPG
IMG_5186.JPG
IMG_5188.JPG
IMG_5187.JPG
IMG_5183.JPG
IMG_5184.JPG

They taped it off, so no wax on nothing that shouldn't be.
Hand washed, cut the old wax and crap off car, polish and buff.
Also did interior, wheels and even quick detail under hood.

They not only did an amazing job the price was very good.
They will get wife's car and my trucks before winter.
Anyone needing a car cleaned up and doesn't have time great place.

Attachments

• IMG_5183.JPG
    IMG_5183.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 0
Hope prices down there are better than here. Usually do my own thing but this year thought I would get the pros to do it.
Well that didn't work very well.......700.00 - 800.00 for compound and shine or 1000.00 for ceramic. Think I'll leave my spot for the richer ones !! Last year he was charging around 400 - 500 for ceramic so I guess he negociated some contract this year ?? lol lol

Pro 3-M wrap to protect paint. Can't see seems, computer cut and professionally installed
can run $5000. I did opt -coat pro plus cost me $1500, not worth it. I have never had a swirl but doesn't protect paint.
So great for show car, but not regular driving. The cost to keep cars looking good is insane.

If for the average guy, buying fibre cloth to clean and buy, high end waxes and washes.
The constant experiment trying to find a great glass cleaner adds up.
Likely scare us if added up what we spend each year.

Ohtobbad;n32346 said:
If for the average guy, buying fibre cloth to clean and buy, high end waxes and washes.
The constant experiment trying to find a great glass cleaner adds up.
Likely scare us if added up what we spend each year.

Best glass cleaner i've ever had and finally settled using: Stoner Invisible glass. You can get these as cans at any canadian tire. (black can, yellow cap, easy to spot).

As for swirls, mine have it's fare share, but it's a lot to do with the fact i didn't brought it 100% when I did the polish last year, i'll have to redo either later this year or early next spring, undecided on that. Have to find the correct combination of products and cutting pad to use (which i think mine works well now, only needs to work a little longer). Except the hood, all my swirls are probably of me washing it 95% of the summer with waterless wash/wax instead of getting the two buckets out. That's me getting lazy. But then again! I drive the thing so it will never be car show perfect. Not counting the defect i have yet to remove from the new hood....
Usually when i well decided it's wash in the morning, decontamination, dry, paint correction (1-2 steps, depends how bad the car is), followed by a sealant or wax OR both ... so at least a FULLL day or two shorter days/weekend kind of thing. Hard to take the In-laws garage for more than a day... :)

Fun GT;n32344 said:
Hope prices down there are better than here. Usually do my own thing but this year thought I would get the pros to do it.
Well that didn't work very well.......700.00 - 800.00 for compound and shine or 1000.00 for ceramic. Think I'll leave my spot for the richer ones !! Last year he was charging around 400 - 500 for ceramic so I guess he negociated some contract this year ?? lol lol

Cheechhh .... seeing those rates, i might just leave my job and start my own detailing business!! Not that the idea doesn't float from time to times ... :rolleyes: Job security tells me to stay put at the moment tho! :rofl
Shame you're not local to me, I would not be at those rates HAHA!

Well, couple of days ago i decided that i would need a bag to keep all my detailing products neat and tidy in my trunk while on the run, and decided the Adam's Polishes bag would do the trick. While scrolling their website i was like ''eh, why not chuck enough in my cart to have free shipping!!'', So ended up trying their waterless wash. I am actually loving it from the first test on Julie's Crosstrek. Now, real test will be the mustang, but, you get the picture!

p.s.: it wasn't washed in the last 3 weeks .... of travelling around town/local highway.

Stoner does work well but I find that the choice of cloth is what makes the difference. Bought special rags from eshine.ca and man what a difference, way better than microfiber ones. And one more thing I discovered this year............yellow microfiber rags leave shiny sparkles in the glass and not other colored ones, weird but it does. Found close to same type of glass rags at shop in Moncton where they sell "Auto Magic" products on Millennium drive, haven't tried them out yet but they look close to ones at eshine.ca.

Fun GT;n32517 said:
Stoner does work well but I find that the choice of cloth is what makes the difference. Bought special rags from eshine.ca and man what a difference, way better than microfiber ones. And one more thing I discovered this year............yellow microfiber rags leave shiny sparkles in the glass and not other colored ones, weird but it does. Found close to same type of glass rags at shop in Moncton where they sell "Auto Magic" products on Millennium drive, haven't tried them out yet but they look close to ones at eshine.ca.

where do you get all of this?
What do the cost?
I only use the micro fibre once
so I don't wanna pay more lol.

Ohtobbad;n32522 said:
where do you get all of this?
What do the cost?
I only use the micro fibre once
so I don't wanna pay more lol.

Oufff if you only use once and trow, buy the yellow pack at costco,! The best cheap one you can buy... you don’t wanna touch mines.... or know the cost per rag ?

You can get Stoner glass cleaner at Costco, pack of 4 is about half the price as elsewhere.
Costco also has the microfiber rags and I would say they are the best especially compared to the Simonize ones at Canadian Tire.
Rags (green ones) I got through eshine.ca and think they go for 5-6 bucks a piece? They have lots and lots of stuff and good service as well. Bought a lot of stuff from them and never been disappointed yet plus they have quite a bit of information posted on their site. I'm not sure but I believe Max has previously dealt with them as well ?

I've been detailing cars (only as a hobby) for quite some time now and used everything from the cheap to the quite expensive products and the thing is that getting a good result is mostly all in the prep work, so good preparation and the rest comes with it. Funny as last night I was commenting on how good my neighbor's wax job looked on his black "older Kia" and asked where he got it done. Told me he did what I had explained to him last year about clay bar and such then said he used the orange stuff "Nu Finish". So really it looked great and he didn't use what I'm using for many more dollars. Guess it's a personal preference but I think I'm spending too much ?? lol lol Anyways hit a bird on way up from the Atlantic's so now have a big chip on body kit, guess no wax will fix that and reason why I call it a daily driver...........lol

Fun GT;n32529 said:
You can get Stoner glass cleaner at Costco, pack of 4 is about half the price as elsewhere.
Costco also has the microfiber rags and I would say they are the best especially compared to the Simonize ones at Canadian Tire.
Rags (green ones) I got through eshine.ca and think they go for 5-6 bucks a piece? They have lots and lots of stuff and good service as well. Bought a lot of stuff from them and never been disappointed yet plus they have quite a bit of information posted on their site. I'm not sure but I believe Max has previously dealt with them as well ?

Actually been using autoobessed.com for the last few yeRs. The couple of Adams products i just got to try are actually direct from Adams. Wax wise, probly doing the same as you (high end profucts when i can afford), using Dodo Juice wax at the moment, which i do love very much, using as well a bunch of Chemical guys and meguiars products here and there in my rotation.

Funny enough just bought a pack of cloths from Costco for the first time.

For a quick wax on my cars I use the Autoglym (a great British company) Aqua Wax, which is a great way to avoid streaks on a black car and wax at the same time as drying it. It also does a great job of improving the look of the plastic trim as well.

Mcdavis;n32551 said:
Funny enough just bought a pack of cloths from Costco for the first time.

For a quick wax on my cars I use the Autoglym (a great British company) Aqua Wax, which is a great way to avoid streaks on a black car and wax at the same time as drying it. It also does a great job of improving the look of the plastic trim as well.

I use AutoGlym glass cleaner, its decent, Only product I use out of their line up of cleaners.

Back