Detailing

Kingkona

With talking to a few of you and some of my fellow car lovers and owners figured we could discuss "detailing"
what products you like and dislike, I think most of us have tried everything under the sun.

I'll start, I like the Meguiars Ultimate wash and wax for washing my car it works well with two bucket method and also foams nicely in the "foam cannon" almost like shaving cream, and use the menzerna sealant and wax. find I get a full season out of the menzerna products ( with some touch ups throughout the season ).

I have tried the optimum polymer no rinse wash and shine (waterless wash) and was not happy with the result. still have a hard time believing how it will not scratch your paint. and found it did not give the shine the Meguiars gives.

interested to here from the rest of you.

Chris

Well I have a new car, as most here know, I have decided to go with the Opti-coat pro plus.
I am not exactly sure how long the process is, but at this point not overly happy.
They came Thursday ( late) did a total of about 4 hours, to me car looks worse than when they started.
At the end of the day, they informed me, they would not be back till Monday :eek:
A couple of others here have used there service, and were quite happy. I need to decide between now and Monday,
what I am going to do.I realize its a process and the end result is what matters. To this point, best I can say is bad communication.
This process is not cheap, I wanted it for long lasting paint protection. We will see.

In the past, I preferred good old fashion turtle wax, using spray Ice as the in between detailer..
this I normally had to apply twice a year.

I always liked Meguiar's products, they're hard to beat for the price. In the last 2 years, I slowly switched toward Blackfire's line. Their compound and polish works beautifully.

For heavy correction, I usually use 3M's product.

Detailing the single stage paint Foxbody is another thing in itself... Meguiar's No.7 and No.80 comes handy.

Question, what do folks use for cleaning glass?
As many I have tried many glass cleaners over the years,
Find one you like and 6 months later its not available.
Drives me nuts, window looks great, head out, hit the sun and you see a streak.
Has to be something that is better???

Ohtobbad;n1386 said:
Question, what do folks use for cleaning glass?
As many I have tried many glass cleaners over the years,
Find one you like and 6 months later its not available.
Drives me nuts, window looks great, head out, hit the sun and you see a streak.
Has to be something that is better???

I like Invisible Glass. It's hard to keep windows streakless.

bullitt2655 Collinite 845 is awesome!

Soap: I tried many years ago the 24 Karats stuff that saw at the Speed and Sport car show and I still use the stuff to this day, if out I like Mothers.

Swirl Remover: I use Wolfgang 3.0 and it works pretty good.

For the finish or just for a wax/shine product: I can't seem to get anything better than Klasse products, so far this is my favorite stuff and I have tried many.

I get most of my stuff at Eshine.ca. They have lots of stuff and some good advise on their site plus service is quite good to boot.

Well I kept my cool, Dave was back Monday and spent the day doing a two part polish. Not quite done, will back tomorrow
for final buff and wipe down, then on goes the Opti-coat pro plus, car is looking good, found a fixed a few paint defects.
Looking forward to end result.

Even after the bumpy start and some miscommunication, I would recommend for you to talk to Dave
@ house of Auto Details in Bedford if you have any car detailing needs.
They do everything, from basic wash and wax to full blown high end coatings.
He worked through the issues ( including a few paint defects) and gave me a great end result.

Back