Ceramic coatings

2001BlackGTvert;n26408 said:
I used ceramic for the first time this year. Absolutely loved the results. Used c quartz.
There seems to be no flaws n yours , the deep gloss is amazing on you car .. Did you do the first of spring ? Any change since application or still as good as when applied ?

photo2902.jpg
Mineral Grey;n26411 said:
There seems to be no flaws n yours , the deep gloss is amazing on you car .. Did you do the first of spring ? Any change since application or still as good as when applied ?

Thanks. I took my car out of storage in early may. I had waxed it before putting it away so it did not need done. Applied it late May. Took it out on the 1rst of June after letting it sit for 5 days after doing it. I was a wax every week or other week kind of guy since I have had in 10 years. That was not the case this year. I never washed it once with water all summer except after the fall run. Used quick detailer from the same company I got the C Quartz from. The only time I waxed it was right before storage because I felt I had to. Lol I would say it is as good as the day it was done by my buddy and I. We took our time and he had done 2 other cars before mine. We prepped it real well. Definitely will do again when it needs it. 3 photos. The day it was finished, 5 days later and before storage.

Attachments

• photo2923.jpg
    photo2923.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo2924.jpg
    photo2924.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 0
When I bought my car, I had opti coat pro plus done to my car.
As far as help keeping it clean, it was amazing, I have never had a swirl
in my black paint. That said, it did not protect the paint from road rash etc.

Knowing what I know now, I might have went with good old carnauba wax,
2-3 coats of that puts a layer of wax on car and helps keep small rocks
from doing damage. Keep in mind paint on my car is very soft, its a problem
with the new painting process all manufactures use now.

Back