Car Shows of 2019

Canuck121

Administrator
Staff member
So figured I'd start a thread on what everyone is doing or maybe doing for 2019 season. We all know about the local stuff and that is certainly welcome here also but I'm wondering what kind of road trips some might be thinking about doing this year. I'd love to do one and I try to get to the US or a bigger show every so often. So here is a list of what I've seen for dates so far. Chime in and add to it or tell me what you'd like to do.

Carlisle Ford Nationals - Carlisle, PA - May 31st to June 2nd, 2019
American Muscle Car Show - Maple Grove Raceway, PA - June 15th, 2019
Mustang Week - Myrtle Beach, SC - September 2nd to 8th, 2019

I did Carlisle in 2015 and it is a blast. Crazy stuff going on there and every type of Ford you can imagine. If it isn't in Carlisle it doesn't exist.
Always wanted to do the AM show. This is probably one of the largest on the east coast. Strictly a Mustang show so I'm sure you will see a bit of everything.
Mustang week is on my bucket list. Wicked week of events and something for everyone.

You got my top 3 right there , can't see me getting that much time or $ this year unfortunately.. But you never know, if there is a demand I might be persuaded ..
I've heard good things about Bangor Maine , Wheels on the Waterfront car show , September 7th. Was hoping I can make it this year ..
Also Bangor Me, Darlings Ford Mustang cruise and show June 8..

2001BlackGTvert;n28333 said:
Yeah Bangor is definitely a doable one. I know that a few on here have done it. Would love to do the AM someday as well.

I've done the one in Bangor. It is a decent show and usually quite a few Mustangs show up. The AM one is on my list. Up until last year it was always in August but they've changed it to mid June.

Mineral Grey;n28335 said:
Hmm. Thursday to Monday : Spring dyno , Ford nationals , Pocano Nascar...now that's a weekend !

weekend, its 24 hours away lol. AM show would be tricky they have rain date of a week away. another 7 show.
Bangor would be cool, but for many its 1 weeks before our fall run, darlings one could be more doable at 2 weeks out.
For me I am several years from doing any that are a week or 10 day in summer, unless I fly in for weekend.
I don't have that kind of time in summer at this point in my life, unfortunately :(

Another one I have on my bucket list :

2019logo.png
2019 EVENT DETAILS **ONLY 340 SHOW SPOTS**

Saturday May 4th, 2019 (Rain or Shine)
  • NO REFUNDS/NO EXCEPTIONS
  • Registrations may be transferable
  • 10am - 4:30pm, Gates Open at 9am
  • Stone Mountain Park, GA - 1000 Robert E Lee Blvd, Stone Mountain, GA 30083
  • Gate entry fee $20 (this is per the state of GA and is not included in your event registration)
  • Show location: Skyride Parking Lot
  • Raffles, Trophies, Food Trucks and Much MORE!
  • VIP Parking Option **SOLD OUT** - Prime Location at the Heart of the Show. First to be judged. Early entry starting at 8am.
  • Please Note: Spectator Parking is $20 Per Vehicle
  • Alcohol is NOT Permitted at this Event

Rich06;n29012 said:
Wheels on the Waterfront in Bangor is a good show, we go up with the NSMC and stay as a group. We usually do a run to Central Maine Mustang which is seriously cool and the feed at the Chev dealership is worth the trip alone

I did this one a few years ago. It is a fun show and well put together. Hopefully get a chance to do it again.

I still wanna do the American Muscle show. It's my birthday weekend so hmmmm. Anyone else thinking about that one??

TrueBlue02058;n29049 said:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/11th-annual-americanmuscle-mustang-show-registration.html

June 15th, with a Rain date of June 22nd. Site says it's the biggest Mustang Show.

Love to but a 16 hour drive one way to possibly be rained out and have to wait a week or drive 16 hours in return
nope, that would be a vacation show for me, fly in check it out and enjoy some time in the sun.
Also I don't have the luxury of taking a week of in season to pull it off.
Maybe if I every retire LOL

Canuck121;n29046 said:
I still wanna do the American Muscle show. It's my birthday weekend so hmmmm. Anyone else thinking about that one??

With my season just kicking into overdrive and still short staffed, I would not be Able to make AM happen.. But what a fathers day weekend it would be . Will definitely do it someday when I grow up.
Now, for the Bangor wheels on the Waterfront ..I am planning on this one for sure this year

Back