55th Anniversary Mustang Owner's Museum Cross-USA run

Just checking to see if there is anyone from the Maritimes that will plan on completing this run. It will entail driving to Washington State where the run begins, then following the other stangers that will be completing the trek down to California, then across all southern US states to finally end up in Concorde, North Carolina, where the new Mustang Owner's Museum will "Officially" be celebrated and opened.

Approximate total distance to be travelled will be well over 10,000 kms.

For proper itinerary of the run from Redmond, Washington, please check their website at mustangownersmuseum.com

Stanger

05 gt 5spd;n25704 said:
I’ve been watching this one for a while but can’t see it in the cards for this year.

Would be another epic run, not something I would do in my car, 3 oil changes and a tire change is not something
I would fancy, different car and more time would love to do it.
Might be cool to even go to end of run, just to see it.

Yeah, time required is also a constraint, as it takes a minimum of 3 weeks, but 4 weeks is better. We do not travel south in the winters, so we use the time for these special treks. Plan on making a stop to the Ford Mustang assembly plant in Detroit for a visit this time around.

As for oil changes, I have my pony on Amsoil's 40,000 kms test synthetics, so only a filter change may be needed around the 8,000 kms point. When I completed the Mustang 50th Anniversary run 5 years ago, we had logged nearly 7,000 kms then, and had only gone as far as St. Louis, then down to Oklahoma before heading back to North Carolina. It was a nice cool trek.

68stang04-40th;n25721 said:
Yeah, time required is also a constraint, as it takes a minimum of 3 weeks, but 4 weeks is better. We do not travel south in the winters, so we use the time for these special treks. Plan on making a stop to the Ford Mustang assembly plant in Detroit for a visit this time around.

As for oil changes, I have my pony on Amsoil's 40,000 kms test synthetics, so only a filter change may be needed around the 8,000 kms point. When I completed the Mustang 50th Anniversary run 5 years ago, we had logged nearly 7,000 kms then, and had only gone as far as St. Louis, then down to Oklahoma before heading back to North Carolina. It was a nice cool trek.

Just curious - What part of the 50th anniversary run did you take part in , one of the Pony drives?

I'd Love to attend the Festivities. If I could, I would not first drive across the Continent then double back. From home, it's already 2,153 kilometers to the Museum, one way.

I'm pretty sure that in 2024 when the Mustang celebrates 60, I would have the time to make the Trek. It would most likely be celebrated at the Museum and Charlotte Motor Speedway.

mustang-new-signage-with-oval-sign-01_1.jpg

parade-pics.jpg

That would make an awesome Maritime Mustang Spring Run. (We'll start planning in early 2023 LOL).

Average of 6 hours driving time per day at 60 MPH makes it a 4 day drive. I would leave 5 days before the event.

My return Route of choice, would be up to Detroit then return through Ontario and Quebec.

a56ce097dfb3e7c7a9c0b869dd6ddc9e--red-mustang--ford-mustang.jpg

I will either be attending the museum opening or the MCA 55th anniversary celebrations.
My understanding, so far, is that the two are separate activities.
Don't know which one yet. Was in Charlotte in 2014.
Would like to go somewhere else this time.
Most likely won't drive my car for the biggest reason being that roads in northern NB are still too dirty in April.
Would need a closed trailer to make the first few hundred miles to get to clean roads.
Will fly to the event and rent a car there.
Rented a Mustang in 2014. Drove to Myrtle beach for a few days prior to the 50th celebrations.

Good travels on your drive.
West coast is beautiful.
My in-laws live on Vancouver Island.
I drove the PCH last spring.
Very nice in Oregon and Northern California.
Route 66 corridor also a nice drive.
There's a good chance they will take that route from LA.
Going through the Appalachians in Tennessee and the Carolinas also very nice.

to 05 GT 5spd

Yes, the pony drive that started in Norman, OK to the East Coast. But on the way there (to Norman, OK), we met up with other enthusiasts all along the way, with stops to visit a cave system in Pennsylvania, to visit the Indy Speedway and kiss the bricks, went by the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, drove a good portion of Route 66 on our way to Norman OK, passing through the town with our cars' namesake, Mustang, OK, then joined the group at Norman. This is where the pony rides then separated, the western group and the eastern group.

to TrueBlue 02058

Yes pre-planning is a good idea, and it would make a nice trip.

to 67 AGAIN

yes, quite looking forward to that.

68stang04-40th;n25870 said:
to 05 GT 5spd

Yes, the pony drive that started in Norman, OK to the East Coast. But on the way there (to Norman, OK), we met up with other enthusiasts all along the way, with stops to visit a cave system in Pennsylvania, to visit the Indy Speedway and kiss the bricks, went by the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, drove a good portion of Route 66 on our way to Norman OK, passing through the town with our cars' namesake, Mustang, OK, then joined the group at Norman. This is where the pony rides then separated, the western group and the eastern group.

to TrueBlue 02058

Yes pre-planning is a good idea, and it would make a nice trip.

to 67 AGAIN

yes, quite looking forward to that.

We (Rich, Jason, Denis and myself ) drove 2 mustangs from Nova Scotia to Corona CA and returned to Charlotte via the MAA route in 2014.
IMG_1257.PNG

Back