2023 Raptor R

Couple of random thoughts.

First my dislikes. Thankfully, apparently there's the option to delete the Raptor decals on the bed of the truck. Too much for my taste, and the "8" repeatinging inside the design is a little much.

Speaking of decals, I do like how the "R" in Raptor is Molten Orange, or Code Orange I guess, it's one of those subtle touches, just like the tow hooks up front.

However, it bugs me that the seats, console, hood, tailgate and drivers side decal all have the Code Orange "R" as the last letter in Raptor, yet the passenger side bed decal has the first R in Raptor in Code Orange. No big deal if you delete the bed decals, and I suppose it would look off if the passenger side R was toward the front instead of the back.

37's are awesome, but could be a bit of a challenge to run any sort of winter tire though. The BFG KO2's aren't bad in snow, but I don't care for how they are on ice.

Overall, I like it ...... a lot. The pricing has yet to be seen in writing for Canada, or even how many make it here. The pricing is a little out to lunch, but thats not entirely unexpected, I think I may have even predicted a $150k price tag months back. I would certainly be curious enough to ask about pricing and if orders are going in before even considering it. It's interesting that the only option on the R is the sunroof, which I would definitely not one including in the order. As far as colors go, apparently there's eight..... so I would guess Agate Black, Antimatter Blue, Leadfoot, Race Red, Oxford White, Ford Performance Blue, Code Orange, and maybe Rapid Red ???

As far as availability and dealer markup, I've never paid ADM , and don't intend to start now. I get it, but it's being greedy, plain and simple. I've been fortunate to be able to get SVT/Ford Performance vehicles for MSRP or slightly less, so we'll see what comes around for this one, if, and thats a big IF..... I pull the trigger and order. The GT350, and even more so the GT350R, were a bit of a unicorn back in 2016, but not impossible.

Nice truck, maybe if I start saving my loonies or start buying 6/49. lol

Last edited:
I agree on most of that, mine has sunroof, and its ok, but I don't need it and certainly won't pay extra for it.
Decals are over the top, I acutally like mine, subtle and even the raptor on back is not to much
I have never had to pay and ADM and like you wouldn't Not sure where i am on one
as more than I like to spend on truck lol. but time to see where its going and Canadian pricing.

One never knows, 10 years ago, no one thought they would pay 80-90 k either
or 75 to 140 k for a mustang, times are changing cars / trucks are very expensive.
As the old saying goes "you got to pay to play"

Back