1999 SVT Cobra Coupe

92LX302

Staff member
ProShot_2017_05_01_11_37_10 by Maxime Sonier, sur Flickr

ProShot_2017_05_01_11_19_28 by Maxime Sonier, sur Flickr

Just picked her up this morning in Saguenay Lac St. Jean. Currently on the way back towing it. Should be a fun car.

The car was imported from PA to Quebec in 04 at 23 000 miles. The same retired couple owned it since. They also had a 3rd gen Z28 and a Toyota MR2 which they sold recently. They bought the car like it is currently. It was ordered with the spoiler delete but sadly someone added an 01 spoiler on it. There's 3.73 gears in the rear end. There's 62 000 miles on the car at the moment.

Short term plans for it includes some chassis stiffening, lowered suspension and Bilstein all around, 01+ factory smoked headlights and eventually a catback and some wheels

Attachments

• photo1481.jpg
    photo1481.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Real nice car. Looks clean. Good blank canvas to start from.
You could always find a trunk lid and remove the spoiler to return to the way it originally looked.
I know this is not an opinion poll, but I'm with you. It's a shame they put that spoiler on.
It would look better without it. Like something special...

Last edited:
Installed new headlights and a Borla Stinger catback. Pics and video to come once the sun comes out!

92LX302;n14999 said:
ProShot_2017_05_01_11_37_10 by Maxime Sonier, sur Flickr

ProShot_2017_05_01_11_19_28 by Maxime Sonier, sur Flickr

Just picked her up this morning in Saguenay Lac St. Jean. Currently on the way back towing it. Should be a fun car.

The car was imported from PA to Quebec in 04 at 23 000 miles. The same retired couple owned it since. They also had a 3rd gen Z28 and a Toyota MR2 which they sold recently. They bought the car like it is currently. It was ordered with the spoiler delete but sadly someone added an 01 spoiler on it. There's 3.73 gears in the rear end. There's 62 000 miles on the car at the moment.

Short term plans for it includes some chassis stiffening, lowered suspension and Bilstein all around, 01+ factory smoked headlights and eventually a catback and some wheels

Yes, that Cobra would look Wicked with no Spoiler:FordSmile

For some reason, I prefer that look.

Good choice on your exhaust. Something about Borla and these Ford V-8's. It's a good combination.
Probably why Ford Performance and Roush both contract Borla to do their performance axle backs.
A close second would be Magnaflow. They both sound good. Not ricer or empty can like.

True. I've never been a fan of Magnaflows on any application for some reason. My second choice was Bassani's. Or some FRPP M55 mufflers but they go for a crazy price nowadays...

I have Magnaflows on mine and love them. But there are so many choices out there it is definitely a difficult one. Nothing worst than buying something only to pull it off again because it is not what you wanted or expected.

Ordered new headlights. I wanted the 01+ OEM style, with the smoked housing and clear lenses. Instead I was sent clear housing and smoked lense... Different looking, but I don't think I'll keep them. If anyone is interested, they shoud be for sale pretty soon.

20170613_130959 by Maxime Sonier, sur Flickr

And I'm still working on correcting the paint. The car was kept clean by the previous owner but nothing was done to protect the paint job. It's not in bad shape, it just needs some love.

I do need a garage.

20170613_130016 by Maxime Sonier, sur Flickr
20170613_125957 by Maxime Sonier, sur Flickr

Last edited:
Time for a much needed update!

Swapped the black headlights with Charlie's smoked one:

IMG_5800 by Maxime Sonier, sur Flickr

Installed a Borla Stinger catback, which I hand-polished:

IMG_5814 by Maxime Sonier, sur Flickr

Then I got the factory coil springs (linear rate, not progressive like GTs & V6s) cut with Bilstein shocks and struts installed:

IMG_5801 by Maxime Sonier, sur Flickr

Then the passenger side front fender got backed into by one of the volunteer at the AtNats. Trinity Collision fixed it:

IMG_5816 by Maxime Sonier, sur Flickr

And finally gave her a good detail job last night. Went old school and took my can of Liquid Glass out (it's older than me!) and finally topped it with CG's Butter Wet Wax. It gives warm colors a nice glow but doesn't last very long which is nice as I'm in the process of finding a new last step product:

IMG_5818 by Maxime Sonier, sur Flickr

Car looks great, nice to see the repair turned out well, Jason told me he seen it, Trinity did a great job.
Headlights look good, Borlas look incredible, bet sounds good too.
If you every get tired of day job, you would have a wicked detail shop :)

Back