Collapse

My 1972 F250 project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Truck at the Atlantic Nationals would get more attention than the majority of our Mustangs.
    2001 BULLITT Mustang, # 02058 , of 5582 Built , one of 722 Produced in True Blue. MGW Short Throw Shifter, K & N Filter , Projector Headlights , Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light.

Comment

Got out to Gerry's for a chat, coffee and to see truck again.
      Last time was March, so Truck with few things done and all cleaned up
      it is some pretty, what a cool truck.
      Made it to its first car show yesterday, but Gerry can tell you that story.
      2016 GT350R
      5.2 Flat plane crank V-8

Comment

Well every project, just as it seems all is going well the project will throw you a surprise. A few weeks ago I had the truck all ready for the road so I took it to work one day. When I returned home I decided to change the oil a second time - after another 100 miles of running from sitting since 1996.
        The oil stated to drain then - nothing - the opening was plugged with sludge!
        Now the oil pan had to come down to see how bad things looked.
        To get the oil pan down the exhaust has to drop. And on it goes. I was able to clean the pan and get the oil pump pick up cleaned - then wait for the new oil pan gaskets . I cleaned and painted the pan while it was off- back to Ford Blue.

{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t8C6F12A9-C111-404B-86CD-FE2E365B6094.jpeg Views:\t0 Size:\t112.7 KB ID:\t31150","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"31150","data-size":"medium"}

Painted the pan

{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t3F1A219B-B16E-4EAA-A40E-4DF0AE7E65CD.jpeg Views:\t0 Size:\t81.3 KB ID:\t31151","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"31151","data-size":"medium"}

Almost back to where I started. New oil and filter added.
        Last edited by 05 gt 5spd; 12-Jun-2019, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Since I was working at it I decided to add a battery disconnect switch

3B2F0A43-CE6B-4586-BF84-A62B5D0C62CB.jpeg

The air cleaner looked crappy so I blasted and painted the base and cover- time for another can of Ford Blue!

47226DDD-98D7-4387-B5B3-A288E776477D.jpeg

Installed a new new air cleaner element -

What is that on the floor? Coolant?

Round 2 of surprises to come!

Comment

Looking nice Gerry. I cannot wait to see this beast.
            2001BlackGTVert : 17" Cobra Wheels, Lowered 1 1/4", Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust,Mac Pro Chamber H pipe, Ford Shorty Headers, KN Filter, 4:10 gears, CDC'S Convertible Light Bar, B&M Ratchet Shifter, Ford Racing Tonneau cover, strut tower brace, Smoked Headlights, Smoked Tailights and Brookspeed tune.

Comment

Yes that was coolant! Looks like I’m going to be changing 6 frost plugs !

ordered the 49/64” steel plugs and started the disassembly .

To to get the plugs out, the rear 4 were easy- just the starter and the exhaust had to move. I’m glad I saw the drip before I reinstalled the exhaust!
              the front two are another story. Motor mounts have to come out to access them so the engine has to lift. Moved the engine crane in place and with a few hammer blows form Brian the front plugs were in.

looking at the old ones it seems Dad had already replaced 1 with steel and two with rubber sometime previously.

Here is is what came out

BB1192BC-5099-4422-B2CF-D6AFFC6E3F91.jpeg
              I’m glad to have that job done. Added new coolant , a thermostat, and a new temp sensor to fix the heat gauge and all is done - right ?

Comment

Wow i really need to go see that truck!! Love following your adventure Gerry!
                Max Arseneault
                2007 GT/CS 'vert | 4.6L 3V | aFe Intake | Brenspeed tuned | ford performance & whiteline suspension | eibach prokit |JLT rear diff expansion tank

Comment

Better you spotted these problems now than when you were 200 miles from home.
                  2014 GHIG GT Convertible
                  2003 Centennial Limited Edition GT Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by 05 gt 5spd View Post
                    Since I was working at it I decided to add a battery disconnect switch

3B2F0A43-CE6B-4586-BF84-A62B5D0C62CB.jpeg

The air cleaner looked crappy so I blasted and painted the base and cover- time for another can of Ford Blue!

47226DDD-98D7-4387-B5B3-A288E776477D.jpeg

Installed a new new air cleaner element -

What is that on the floor? Coolant?

Round 2 of surprises to come!
                    Looks Great in the Engine Compartment Gerry. Not Overdone, but Clean.
                    2001 BULLITT Mustang, # 02058 , of 5582 Built , one of 722 Produced in True Blue. MGW Short Throw Shifter, K & N Filter , Projector Headlights , Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light.

Comment

While the starter was down I had a good look at it ad found a missing retainer for the starter drive. Better to find it now. A trip to Diesel and Auto and a rebuilt starter was installed. Lots of clean parts down here now!

BA654298-0E0C-4926-9ED3-D7BC64420D6C.jpeg

Comment

Time for a road trip
                        June 8th was the first car show for the F250. I managed to get the truck to New Glasgow without Dad knowing it was there. There was a big smile on his face when he saw the people gathered around looking at the truck
                        BC7E7E45-9C77-436F-91E6-028063A78E9A.jpeg

563E7A52-F58D-43DA-B7B3-AF49D10E01AC.jpeg

CD8D8C30-82BA-41AB-A49C-D95D3F870FE0.jpeg
                        A Good day was had by all

DC28E163-23F1-43D3-B39D-464E32DD2990.jpeg

I could say this is the end, but I believe the story of this truck is far from done.

062B5065-8899-467F-BB27-C29A54BC0D2F.jpeg

D24442A5-7ED9-4A41-B3B7-97E77751F43F.jpeg

Comment

Very nice Gerry.

Comment

Your Dad must be more than Pleased that his Truck has a Good Owner that will keep it on the Road for Years to come.

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words

Comment

Awesome Gerry! Wish I’d had the chance to snatch one of my dad’s fox, but they were long gone before i was born. Love this story!!!
                                Max Arseneault
                                2007 GT/CS 'vert | 4.6L 3V | aFe Intake | Brenspeed tuned | ford performance & whiteline suspension | eibach prokit |JLT rear diff expansion tank

Comment

Working...
                                X