vacations

On day 3 in central Florida. Arrived late on Sat, took Sunday to get settled, played golf yesterday, then a cold front with rain today into tomorrow. Was 14 this am and only got to 20 this pm.

Lots of Mustangs around here, it seems. Mostly all stock, but everybody driving had smiles on their faces.

The pony is still home and in storage. Had hoped to take the "prancing horse" for a spin today, but not gonna look possible.

Here's a couple pics of the 360 in the garage. IMG_20190226_1539291.jpgIMG_20190226_1540376.jpgIMG_20190226_1539454.jpgIMG_20190226_1540046.jpg

pei_guy;n28778 said:
On day 3 in central Florida. Arrived late on Sat, took Sunday to get settled, played golf yesterday, then a cold front with rain today into tomorrow. Was 14 this am and only got to 20 this pm.

Lots of Mustangs around here, it seems. Mostly all stock, but everybody driving had smiles on their faces.

The pony is still home and in storage. Had hoped to take the "prancing horse" for a spin today, but not gonna look possible.

Here's a couple pics of the 360 in the garage.

Were already jealous, that didn't help, very cool enjoy.

Ohtobbad;n28784 said:
Were already jealous, that didn't help, very cool enjoy.

I wouldn't trade yours for that one, too Exotic for me.

Local Guy here has a Ferrari, it's no more than 10 years old. A few years ago, it needed a Tie Rod End, so he called the dealer in Montreal, who informed him that the part was $7,500.

So he asks them to ship it down so his Local mechanic could install it.

They explained to him that if he did that , it would decrease the value of his car and to maintain it's full Dollar value, the work should be done at an Authorized Ferrari dealer. So he put it on a flat bed to Montreal, then flew in to pick it up and drive it home later that week. Total for parts and labor with Flat bed, $12,000. :p

I paid $10,900 for my 10 year old Bullitt 8 years ago, and can get cheap parts for it anywhere including the Salvage Yard.

I suspect most Ferrari owners are in a different tax bracket.
that said if I ever had the money would love to own one or some
level of an exotic.

As far as my car goes, its special in my mind, but then again so are so many others :)

His car is worth exactly the same after spending the $12000 on it as it would have been if he spent the $7500 on the repair locally. If the shop works on exotic cars nobody would have ever known the difference if he replaced it with an authentic part.

I would.love to own one if I ever had the means and opportunity.

TrueBlue02058;n28798 said:

Local Guy here has a Ferrari, it's no more than 10 years old. A few years ago, it needed a Tie Rod End, so he called the dealer in Montreal, who informed him that the part was $7,500.

They explained to him that if he did that , it would decrease the value of his car and to maintain it's full Dollar value, the work should be done at an Authorized Ferrari dealer. So he put it on a flat bed to Montreal, then flew in to pick it up and drive it home later that week. Total for parts and labor with Flat bed, $12,000. :p

I paid $10,900 for my 10 year old Bullitt 8 years ago, and can get cheap parts for it anywhere including the Salvage Yard.

Boy oh boy it would be a blast to drive one of them things in Central Florida.............think I'm jealous here ?? Enjoy it Aaron !!

Now would I get one if I had the choice, not sure ?? I really have a thing for Shelby's so tough choice, GT350, GT500, Super Snake ?? mmmmm ???

Ah well don't have to worry them 6-7 magical numbers are some hard to guess anyways !!

TrueBlue02058;n28798 said:

They are a special kind of vehicle. Most are very low miles. Service manager @ Ferrari of Central Orlando says they have regular customers who have issues and send them for service. They have a covered trailer and guy who shuttles cars to service center every day. Most only need an "Italian tune-up" . These cars need to be driven and turn into something unique when the tires and fluids are hot.

Now. If you're stopping to pick up some cold ones on the way home, you gotta buy 6 packs to get them in!

2001BlackGTvert;n28803 said:
His car is worth exactly the same after spending the $12000 on it as it would have been if he spent the $7500 on the repair locally. If the shop works on exotic cars nobody would have ever known the difference if he replaced it with an authentic part.

I would.love to own one if I ever had the means and opportunity.

Talked to the guys at Spanos Import Motors in Daytona Beach a few years back. They said non-certified service drops value about 15%. They had certifies techs on staff at the time and we're buying cars from all over. Not something any gearhead can pull off in the backyard shop.

Not really a car for the road conditions in the Maritimes but if you had the $$ for one of these, they would be a blast on the track.

miamivice_1420347i.jpg

Maybe if they knew. Lol I agree not any gear head but if you get the right one nobody would be the weiser.

pei_guy;n28806 said:
Talked to the guys at Spanos Import Motors in Daytona Beach a few years back. They said non-certified service drops value about 15%. They had certifies techs on staff at the time and we're buying cars from all over. Not something any gearhead can pull off in the backyard shop.

Not really a car for the road conditions in the Maritimes but if you had the $$ for one of these, they would be a blast on the track.

Clutch replacement on this one was done recently. Fairly reasonable for parts, somewhere around but shop charges run in the neighborhood of $320/hr. Other exotics run similar part kits @ $10K.

Back