Winter Mods

This weekend was spent with the 2500 grit paper, a bucket of water and lots of polishing compound. Time to try and get 10 years of scratches out of the bumpers- progress ? Yes , done ? not by a long shot!

I need a couple of warm sunny days for the completion of the next mod - SOON PLEASE

Eh I've got a few boxes down there... Waiting on some more to arrive to pick them up!

Mine's getting out of storage at the end of the month, heading for a few paint touch ups and new brakes. Then I've got a few people lined up to come and see it.

I went and saw an Canadian version 1987 Mustang Cobra GT hatch yesterday in Enfield area, 172,000 kms +/- a few.

As we know it was a Canadian" cobra" thing and is the same as a GT in the USA
It has had very few modifications - had a repaint but looks like a good solid car .It's caked with undercoating on the underside . I'm going to post some info on it if anyone is interested- Its not in my future - but some one else??

05 gt 5spd Was is the red one? I know there's a beautiful GT Cobra for sale down there that's the exact same as my 92, option and all, except with the GT package.

I'm aiming for something a bit newer this time. AC would be great I guess.

this one is maroon in color , no A/C maybe priced a bit high but here is the ad
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...or/1251326949?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Came from Ontario about 10 years ago - has been garaged in winter since, not driven much. Looks like a set of short tube headers, msd coil and cap are the only obvious mods. Factory wheels, still has factory airbox! Interior is complete but a bit faded on the tops of the seats / rear shock towers. Seat belt plastic by seats /console is broken and drivers seat buckle didn't want to latch. Idles a bit high - could be idle motor or just sticky from sitting for the last year or so. Pulls like it has stock gearing - I'm thinking 3:73's would be a quick early mod for this if it came home.

Last edited:
not a real mod but the stepper motors on my rpm and fuel gauges crapped out a couple weeks before storage and will have to replace them. anyone have any experience doing them? youtube makes it sound pretty easy but they never seen me with a solder iron. may see if i can get an aftermarket cluster or used OEM???

well that is certainly cheap enough. i might just give it a whirl. looks like i'll be sending you a PM when the time comes. tks!

Back