Strut Tower Brace - Worth it?

I hear they make a difference. Don't have a brace on mine but that's because there is only one model out there that fits over my supercharger but it requires holes in the firewall which I wasn't willing to do. The 06 will have one eventually.

Their are several kinds and they make a difference, how much is the type you choose.
If you choose the straight over engine, strut to strut it works well and you will notice.
If you choose the strut to firewall to Strut and over engine even bigger difference.
Plus is low cost mod, can enhance the look under the hood with benefits.

as 05 GT 5spd said for our gen. works amazing especially if you have larger rims and wider tires. forces the suspension to work and eliminate the whole car shake when going over tracks and such. was one of my best mods since i went 20x10 and 20x12 rims.. i have the SR that covers all 4 bolts on the strut.
strut brace.jpg

Yes. Bought a "Love the Drive" windscreen for the car and added a Mustang tonneau cover purchased from CJ Pony Parts. Looking to do some modifications to the cover to secure it better behind the front seats. Running over the windscreen makes the original under seat tethers come up a little short so had to use bungees to secure, Not as tight as I would like so thinking of going to an upholsterer to get the bottom edge lengthened a bit.

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing the same thing.Good to know about fastening it underneath.At least I know it would work before I buy it.I saw the picture you put on CJ Pony.

Strut brace is something I foresee in the future also, like they all said above, I want to get rid of the ''flex'' / ''shaking'' of the car in certain conditions. Being lowering it soon, it will probably emphasize those over road imperfection movements ...

Back