Spring Roadtrip??? Where would you go if you had the time & $$??

pei_guy

Staff member
I just got around to signing up with the Blue Mustang Registry (BMR 4195) last evening. Came across their big spring event, the 5th Annual Scenic Stampede, open to all Mustangs. Would be an awesome run and event to participate in. Almost a bucket list trip, by the looks of things. Anybody ever cross paths with anyone who's participated in the past? Details on the FB link: https://www.facebook.com/events/854172068304460/ Not a "who's going?" yet... but maybe an option to fill some winter building the dream run! What do you say?!!

Well that would be cool, but not something I could do. I can't take that kind of time off in spring.
Lucky to do our dyno run and spring run:)

My Bucket List Spring Rad Trip (After May 1st in these parts) Would be Moncton to Chicago, then Route 66 to LA, then up the Pacific Coast Highway to BC, then Cross Canada back home. My Co-Pilot is a Brunette though. :FordSmile

24-1965-ford-mustang-route-66.jpg

That would be an awesome road trip.
That neck of the woods is very scenic.
The Blue Ridge Parkway is very twisty, up and down, and lots of fun to drive.
It's not fast though. In a group like this it will be a parade procession.
Not many passing zones on the Blue Ridge.
But good thing is that it's restricted to cars and RV's only.
No commercial vehicles and no tractor trailers.
The RV's are people using the various camp grounds in the Blue Ridge National Forest system.
All the suspension bits discussed in the other thread would greatly improve the experience of this drive.
Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, especially, are quite busy spots traffic wise.
It would be good to have people with local knowledge such as this group to guide and direct the activities.
I drove the entire Blue Ridge in May 2017, in my then brand new 2017 Fusion Sport.
Overnighted in Pigeon Forge in fact the night before setting out on the Blue Ridge.
Too early for me to commit to this.
I may want to pursue some drives out west first.
For example, Big Sur on the PCH was not accessible when I went through in 2017.
I still want to see that area, and then Lake Tahoe and the American Rockies in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana back up to Canada through Waterton Lakes.
I can show a few pics of what the Blue Ridge looks like.

IMG_0833[1].JPG

IMG_0851[1].JPG

IMG_0860[1].JPG

IMG_0864[1].JPG

IMG_0871[1].JPG

IMG_0882[1].JPG

IMG_0846[1].JPG

IMG_0884[1].JPG

I drove this alone in 2017 so I stayed in bargain hotels to manage budget.
In Pigeon Forge I stayed at this Red Roof Inn.
This is view of the Appalachians from the parking lot of that hotel, the night before I hit the Blue Ridge.
This is the main drag through Pigeon Forge.
This is west of the Appalachians looking east at them.
Gatlinburg would be straight ahead in this picture, at the foot of the mountains.
A twisty single lane road off of this more main road up ahead puts you in Gatlinburg.
I drove through around 08:30 in morning and it was bumper to bumper into Gatlinburg.
I didn't turn in. I kept going straight to hit the Blue Ridge.
Blue Ridge was left after Gatlinburg to head north.
If I had kept going in a more east-southeast direction I would have hit the tail of the dragon not long after the Blue Ridge turn off.

IMG_0811[1].JPG

Last edited:
I've driven the Tail of the in 2014 but didn't take time for the Blue Ridge area last time south. A trip to Maybe a trip to Carlisle, continue to Charlotte area, then back through the dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway, up to Watkins Glen then home through the White Mountains. Not in the cards for sure this year - but one can only wish.

We stayed next door in Sevierville a couple of years that we went to Bristol for both the March and August races, did Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and some of the Blue Ridge Parkway, awesome country, wouldn't mind getting the GT350 there.

I'd also be happy to rip down the Red Head Road to Mispec, lots of twists, turns and elevation changes, I miss living on that road.

SVT4MT;n27510 said:
We stayed next door in Sevierville a couple of years that we went to Bristol for both the March and August races, did Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and some of the Blue Ridge Parkway, awesome country, wouldn't mind getting the GT350 there.

I'd also be happy to rip down the Red Head Road to Mispec, lots of twists, turns and elevation changes, I miss living on that road.

I agree, I take mine to Cape Spencer quite often for a little rip and have a coffee on the cliffs watching the view of the crashing tide below

05 gt 5spd;n27497 said:
I've driven the Tail of the in 2014 but didn't take time for the Blue Ridge area last time south. A trip to Maybe a trip to Carlisle, continue to Charlotte area, then back through the dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway, up to Watkins Glen then home through the White Mountains. Not in the cards for sure this year - but one can only wish.

That sounds like a perfect cruise route for me . Would like to try it

Back