Shelby GT350R

Thats awesome to see you getting so much seat time. One of the things that puzzles me is why people buy these cars, or any performance car, and then park it, hoping for the magic unicorn payday down the road. The benefit is in the driving, and the smiles per gallon, good on you for enjoying the car and not just throwing money into a parking hole. I'm almost at 23000km....one of the quirks I have with my vehicles is leaving the second trip odometer as a cumulative record from new. Since I'm the only one who drives the car, I can say I've got almost 400 hours logged in the drivers seat. lol

SVT4MT;n24914 said:
Thats awesome to see you getting so much seat time. One of the things that puzzles me is why people buy these cars, or any performance car, and then park it, hoping for the magic unicorn payday down the road. The benefit is in the driving, and the smiles per gallon, good on you for enjoying the car and not just throwing money into a parking hole. I'm almost at 23000km....one of the quirks I have with my vehicles is leaving the second trip odometer as a cumulative record from new. Since I'm the only one who drives the car, I can say I've got almost 400 hours logged in the drivers seat. lol

I agree, whats the point, drive it and enjoy it, save it til your dead, someone else will enjoy.
Another big plus to go with enjoyment of driving is the places we have seen and the people
we have met, some great Mustang folks out there.

Nice. This unit will work on the Bullitt too since it has the Magnetic dampers.
Also all the 2018 and up Mustang GT's so equipped.

I would not get hung up on warranty issue.
If something comes up, simply put original control module back in before visit to dealer.

Ridetech is reputable company.
If this has nearly same driveability as Good Dyno tune on engine, it will be worry free driving.

I've been driving tuned Mustangs with various levels of bolt-ons and mods since 2008 and have yet to get an engine code be thrown as a result thereof.
In fact, I would argue the tuning is better than factory.
On my current car I kept getting a code early on. All dealer could say was that it was misfire on cylinder 7.
They tried changing the coil. Still a code after that.
Then change the injector. Still a code after that.

Took it to get tuned. The misfire issue came up again.
Tuner did not mess around. Changed all 8 injectors. Tuned car. Trouble free since.

I bought car used. Probably previous owner used regular gas and let it get old, messing up all injectors.

Magnetic dampers are a blast to drive.
I feel a marked difference in suspension dynamics on my Fusion Sport just by hitting the sport button.
So much so, my sister noticed it from the passenger seat.
She asked what did I do? I asked what she meant?
She said, well you did something and now it feels like the car is carrying us more securely.
I had just pushed the sport button.
This was on the twisty Sea to Sky highway from Vancouver to Whistler.

the Magnetic ride suspension is impressive to say the least.
not sure i need an upgrade as I am not a hard core track guy.
and the car is already way faster than you could ever drive on the street.
but I still like the idea of improvements :)

I know our dyno guy said tuning the newer mustangs is almost not needed.
can tunes, with upgrades and the fact that factory computers can figure it all out
better than ever before. But always ways to improve.

Only thing I have done is caster camber plates and passenger side oil catch can.

Good mods both of those.
Extra measure of safety against detonation with catch can, and dial in alignment with CCP's.

Catch can on my urgent list. Should've done it when I did ported heads.

You're right about new Mustangs needing limited tuning. Say 2015 and newer.
The computer now reads octane in gas and adjusts timing accordingly. Straight from the factory.

Brought my car home tonight, Happy days :)
starting the year with 25,883 km.
Needs an oil change, my yearly mod of new tires.
and some serious cleaning. hopefully all with in next week.

If time and weather permits, I will make the National Mustang event NSMC is hosting.
Really looking forward to the spring run, I am ready for summer :)

Back