Other than your Mustang, what other memorable rides have taken?

Certainly was fun, loads of power. The worst bit was joining a two lane road when I could barely see behind!

The site won’t let me post any pictures, it always tells me that the file size is too big and the resolution is also too big no matter what I’ve tried to do to reduce them, so I’ve pretty well given up on trying to post photos

Raced this car for ten years at AMP NS, Pennfield NB and Moosehead Grand Prix on the streets of Halifax.
It was a 1972 Ford Capri German built car with 2600 cc V6. It had 4 speed with 456 rear gears.

CapriShearwater_zpsa3a724f5.jpg

CapriCheckeredflag_zpsc8f89484.jpg

This is my buddies car, which has been completely over hauled. It is a 1978 version with the 2800 cc engine.

CapriPeter_zps7f103e1d.jpg

Hmm? Memorable rides.

I guess the very first time I went 100 mph in a car is pretty memorable. I was about 8 years old, and in my sisters boyfriends Triumph TR3. It took about three miles to get it up to that speed, and what seemed like 10 minutes..but we did it.
The next time I did 100 mph, I had just turned 16, and had my hand me down (from dad) 62 Chev Biscayne 2dr post.. With it's 235 ci straight six, 3 on the tree, and a carload of buddies, it also took a while to hit the magic number, and needed a long, long, stretch of straight Hwy. That car, in the few years I had it, created several memorable moments..What was her name again..:)..lol

My sisters boyfriend, whose taste in cars I admired greatly, also gave me some memorable rides, in his AC Bristol, a Type 1 E-type convertible, and his Cosworth powered, Lotus 23B racing car.. A lap around the old Westwood racing circuit, was definitely a hi-lite.

63-Lotus-23-num14-DV-09-MH-04-800.jpg

Back