Headlight Bulb for 2002 GT -- Suggestions

GRIFF

The headlamps in my '02 seem to suck big time! Don't want to replace the lamps themselves so looking for suggestions about what Brand or type of 9007 headlamp bulb to buy. I want more light on the road at night but also want something that will last (understand higher output bulbs tend to die quickly). Prefer to stay DOT legal too! Suggestions from other '99-2004 owners please!

i always used to use Phiaa but they have not been putting out the products that they used to... switched to LED but they do not project very far, bright for very close distance then fade quick. ive got the nokya 7k now on the Outback , they are better than the phiaa's and leds that were in the same car.. and a great price.. when the piaa's crap out on the mustang im replacing with the Nokya..
make sure your lens are clean and polished with some Mothers metal polish ... yes thats right metal polish!

Yeah I did some research before I asked Santa for these. Haha. A guy that sells Pias actually told me about these and said he believed the were better and cheaper. Santa found them on Kijiji in Ontario pretty cheaply as well I heard. I will definitely let you guys know how they work. I have the dark smoked headlights so it will be interesting.

Metal Polish? I always Wax my headlights but never heard that one before.

Tried the link and says it has moved or do not have access at this time? Do i need to be a member of that group to view I wonder?

Wanted to open this discussion back up as I am still looking for a good headlight option for my '02. Are you better to just go with brighter bulbs in stock lamps if they are good? Or do you get better light for driving by replacing the lamps with say projector style? LED bulbs seem to be mostly poor light for seeing to drive form what I can read. Or just stay home at night! :(

I tried silverstar Ultra in my stock housings and they were OK but not great. I went to dark smoked lights and HID and it is decent. I would say HID in your stock headlights would be a big improvement. I noticed an improvement in the smoked ones.

A few years ago I had done some research on this and opted to do a full HID conversion with a kit from Retro-Solution who had very good reviews. Once installed it was pretty good on Low Beam but could not see anything on High Beam mode as the lighting was all over the place (and not to mention that everyone was flashing me on Low Beam too). After one season I started burning bulbs, which are not cheap, and when I contacted Retro-Solution they would not stand behind their product. So back to stock I went and like you say staying home at night not a bad idea as these cars have candles for lights....lol

After market headlight systems are an option and if choose right work decent.
Another option depending on the layout of your front end is driving/ running lights.
These can be after market HID which are great on dark roads at night.

Ohtobbad;n30674 said:
After market headlight systems are an option and if choose right work decent.
Another option depending on the layout of your front end is driving/ running lights.
These can be after market HID which are great on dark roads at night.

Guess could replace factory fog lamps or use a higher output bulb in them.

Back