Greetings Maritime Mustang Fans !

SVT4MT

Hello Mustang fans,

Been lurking for a while, I came across this site via ohtobbad and CMOC.

I've been involved in several forums, some may recognize me as an Admin (GT4MT) on the now defunct Mustang Canada, or an Admin on CMOC (AP) or an Admin on the F150 site fordtough.ca (SVT4MT).

I come by the Maritime Mustang website honestly, born and raised in Saint John NB, moved to Ontario in 1984.

Been lucky enough to own several SVT and Ford Performance products...my first Mustang was an '06 GT 'vert.

Attachments

• photo2142.jpg
    photo2142.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1
Welcome back to the east coast. some great cars in your stable. Do you do any lapping in the 350? Great car for some track time. Are you near any of the tracks.
Your handle does sound familiar. Enjoy your time here.

Thanks fellows, sold the '06 back in 2011 and went Mustang-less for another five years or so, but couldn't resist the GT350.

It was all timing and opportunity, I cannot believe how different it is from the S197. Its an amazing car.

I haven't been to a track yet, I've been pretty happy with some spirited driving on back roads and such, the nearest track is a couple of hours south and another east of me, and I just don't have the time to make a day of it.

I miss the East Coast, still have family and friends in NB, and its been too many years since I've been back.

The Raptor was the last year for the good ones, love the 6.2L, not a fan of the new generation, so I'm holding on to this one.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Let us know if an east coast trip is in the future, we love to gather and see where the discussion goes ! I've got a S197 and an old F250 bump that might make it back the road later this year.

Trust me, a road trip has crossed my mind. Two schools of thought out there, I was in the first school of thought with my '06.....never drove it in the rain, and it spent a good part of its life in the garage, let alone any major road trips. It only had 25000 km on it when I sold it in 2011, average of 5k a year. The timing was right, it wasn't being used as much as it could have, and there were too many other things going on, it was more in the way, so time to sell.

The guy that bought it off me really appreciated how mint it was, what I got for a selling price probably covered the mods I had into it ( new FRPP wheels and BFG tires, FRPP lowering springs, shocks, struts, sway bars, long tube ceramic coated Kooks headers, 4.10 gears, SCT tuner, Tri-Ax shifter etc etc etc) and to his credit, he's followed much the same philosophy, I'd buy that car back in a heartbeat, it still looks as good as when I had it, so at least it went to a good home.

With the '16, I was determined to get my moneys worth and since everything was already there, no need to mess with any mods. Well, ok, I've done oil separators ( holy crap do those work great ), BMR jacking rails, new coolant overflow tank, blue BOSS 302 coil covers, Ford Performance lowering springs and a new blue Ford Performance branded Airaid filter. But thats essentially it, I'm done.

I've already put 15000km on it, five months of driving the first year I had it, and six months of driving last season. Damn things been parked longer than its been on the road, but my point is, I refuse to leave it mint for the next guy. I'm not abusing it by any means, but its meant to be driven and enjoyed, and thats exactly what I'm doing this time around. Sure, if its raining when I walk out the door, I might take the truck, but I'm not worried about getting caught in the rain either. Long way to get to my point, but a 3200 km road trip home is a great idea, its all about clearing the schedule to pull it off.

Last edited:
Welcome to the community, nice vehicles you have there for sure.
Enjoy the road trips.They create long lasting memories.
My two kids and I still have great memories of driving my '05 GT across to Vancouver island and back in June of 2007.
They were 10 and 12 years old. Now they are young adults but still talk about that trip.

I agree, my Shelby has 18k on it, first year summer was great and drove it often.
It has seen rain because I was on road trips and it rained so be it.
I take care of it, but they are meant to be enjoyed.
First year 5 track days, last year only 1.
Hopefully 2-3 this year.
New Hampshire road trip will be 3rd for this car.
Hoping for good summer.
This years fall run is in southern NB :) Just saying.
But each fall we vote on following years run, so future
could play into a trip if interested. We also have big showing and
Many maritime mustang folks go to Nationals in Moncton every year.
You can read about both hear.

Welcome to the forum! I like your style, I think the same. They are meant to be driven (bought my 07 last year, so it drove before me and will still do). Really sweet car fleet! Like the others said, let us know should you come take a ride around here ! ;)

Back