Ford vs Ferrari the Movie

I saw a docudrama a while back on Henry the first. The HR guy and the unions part was covered.
I had forgotten about the violence but it was covered too.
The HR guy was basically a mob enforcer.
Henry was hard on everyone. Junior included.
Growing up like that, he likely did not see many examples of respectful interpersonal skills.

Shelby, Miles and Ferrari all deserving of respect.
Even Henry II, interpersonal skills aside, head of powerful corporation, felt disrespected by the deal being canceled.
Used resources of his company to do something about it. Similar to Kings getting their Knights to joust on their behalf in medieval times. The act is deserving of respect, regardless of the individual’s character.

I felt sorry for Miles. He is the one that lost something out of the deal.
The idea to get the photo op was smart marketing strategy but you can’t blame the French for wanting to declare a winner for their prestigious race.

Theatre was busy when I went.
I did go on opening night, but also Thursday.
not sure how film is doing??

edit, I just check, 1st weekend, 31 million, #1
now at 47 million, not sure where it will fair out
but it cost 95 million to make if I read right.

If its any indication about how the movie was made for a bigger audience than just car enthusiasts, two women I work with went to see it and really liked it.

Not pulling stereotypes about women and cars, but heres two people who know nothing about Shelby or Miles, and enjoyed the movie.

Myself, I have it on my list, but haven't seen it yet.

Went to see the movie last night, and I can tell you now that it have picking my curiosity and i will have to dive a little more in depth in Ford's story to satisfy my questions. The movie i find was really really good.

Side effect: hearing all these big ol displacement V8 kind of made me miss mine and want to hear and feel it roar to life. Good thing I took all kind of videos this summer after the cams installation :ROFLMAO:

Watched The 24 Hour War on Netflix today. Good documentary of the Enzo vs Henry II battle. Less on Shelby and Mills but gave a good context to the North American run at European auto racing. Worth the watch?

My son was just talking about this,said I should watch it,he wants to see movie also.

From what he said it seems like Ford was hard on Shelby,he stood his ground in the Movie,all very interesting for sure.

Considering the time and what Shelby had to do to
accomplish what he did is quite amazing, I already respected this man.
But seeing even more raised that to another level.

I knew a bit about Ken Miles, but learned a lot, he was incredible
part of this and not near enough credit in history.
Movie fixed that, nice to see.

Ford made history in spite of itself.

Last edited:
Back