Ford dropping all cars except Mustang and "Ford Focus Active" by 2020

torch

Tech Guy
Staff member
http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/25/autos/ford-cars-north-america/index.html

Ford said on Wednesday the only passenger car models it plans to keep on the market in North America will be the Mustang and the upcoming Ford Focus Active, a crossover-like hatchback that's slated to debut in 2019.

That means the Fiesta, Taurus, Fusion and the regular Focus will disappear in the United States and Canada.

Ford will, however, continue to offer its full gamut of trucks, SUVs and crossovers.

Wonder if they still gonna make the Taurus Interceptors or just replaced them with mustang interceptors

gpymrzye38urtowvlxvr.jpg

I know fusion is popular, not sure about the rest. But they sell 55% trucks now
SUV's are very popular and were seeing all different shapes and sizes
Focus covers the small car market. Surprises me, but not that much.

The newer Focus with 6 speed auto has seen wide spread transmission problems. My Son in Newfoundland got rid of his after only 2 years and replaced it with a Mazda. In 2 years Ford had performed 2 recalls on transmission and it still wasn't right. The AWD Taurus is a nightmare-money pit. I'll never own another, and a friend of mine is getting rid of his 2013 SEL AWD. He is a commercial traveler, there is less than 300,000 kilometers on car and he has spent $15,000 in parts and repairs over last 5 years. He is replacing his with a Toyota Highlander and I replaced mine with a Mazda CX3. Ford just released their new sub compact crossover the Eco Sport, and that is where the market seems to be heading.

Just saw this online, looks like Fusion sticking around for a while, and Focus will be imported from China. Oh I'm sure that will improve the transmission.

Here’s when Ford will end production of its cars:

-May 2018: Focus
-March 2019: Taurus
-May 2019: Fiesta

Fusion will stick around for at least a couple more years. Focus Active will be imported from China starting in mid-2019. :rofl

Back